2019 Phantom Regiment

Pitts' facebook comment is exactly what anyone would expect.  From a friend who was in PR with him it is exactly what I would expect.  He has a pronounced air of self imposed importance that he thinks is unquestionable.   If in fact is back next year I guess we will see how long it takes for him to take PR down the drain.   Four years is enough of him and and his self aggrandizement.  His music sucks for lack of creativity and he has used the same formula for all four shows, lifted from someone else's scores from years past.  He has the creativity of a ROCK.  

So good luck Phantom Regiment!  You'll need it.

18 minutes ago, EricS said:

Pitts' facebook comment is exactly what anyone would expect.  From a friend who was in PR with him it is exactly what I would expect.  He has a pronounced air of self imposed importance that he thinks is unquestionable.   If in fact is back next year I guess we will see how long it takes for him to take PR down the drain.   Four years is enough of him and and his self aggrandizement.  His music sucks for lack of creativity and he has used the same formula for all four shows, lifted from someone else's scores from years past.  He has the creativity of a ROCK.  

I laughed at his comment.  He's read the criticism here and he has a right to comment on it.  I'm glad he did. 

Some of you would wet your knickers if you had the same amount of criticism directed at you.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:47 AM, Continental said:

It would be nice if we could have some constructive conversation about this past year.   Some of the members here do nothing but complain and frankly, some alumni really do not represent Phantom very well.  You make your experience with the corps worthless by doing nothing but complaining.  What did you learn from being with a corps with such a proud history?  I think you learned nothing....at least from what you write here. 

Multiple members of Phantom are now part of your alumni group.  I think they might have different opinions about what they just experienced this past season. 

You're thoughts have been answered, and you were wrong. I'm sure you can find a safe space with other deniers.

Edited by Phantombari1

6 minutes ago, Phantombari1 said:

You're thoughts have been answered, and you were wrong. I'm sure you can find a safe space with other deniers.

When one has no real answer one often uses the "safe space" defense as the ultimate "gotcha."  

Edited by Continental
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EricS said:

Your opinion is noted and your membership in the “I hate Will Pitts coven” has been extended for another year. Do you even know him? I’ll go out on a limb and ask if you have even marched/or worked for the corps. I can’t imagine you actually were a part of the organization because one of the basic things we learned as MMs/support staff was respect....which you lack in spades. It’s okay to disagree but to attack him personally as you do tells me you have deeper unresolved issues than just Will’s ability to arrange music. Go get help. Soon. 

You need it.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Your opinion is noted and your membership in the “I hate Will Pitts coven” has been extended for another year. Do you even know him? I’ll go out on a limb and ask if you have even marched/or worked for the corps. I can’t imagine you actually were a part of the organization because one of the basic things we learned as MMs/support staff was respect....which you lack in spades. It’s okay to disagree but to attack him personally as you do tells me you have deeper unresolved issues than just Will’s ability to arrange music. Go get help. Soon. 

You need it.

Sutasaurus, you represent your corps so well.  You marched many years before current members were born, yet your words and actions speak volumes about what it means to respect the experience that you had. 

Bravo.  

20 hours ago, kdaddy said:

Expect more mediocrity (or worse)... from the bottom of a heartfelt Will Pitts's Facebook post:

"We have work to do, but if it is with these people, it’s worth it. Sorry, DCP trolls... I’m coming back. 

SUTA"

Following "Big Loud & Live", I asked here, based on something Pitts said about BD during the broadcast, whether he reads DCP. Nice to have confirmation that he does.

9 hours ago, shawn craig said:

I like what the Cavies director said at the cinema cast. Something like (not his exact words), "We tried some things that didn't work the last few years and we decided to just be the Cavaliers."

I think Regiment needs to stop guessing what the Judges want and using things (vocals) that don't work just because everyone else is.

In 2018 SCV didn't use vocals or narration and never has, didn't use any alternative instruments etc and WON!

BE PHANTOM REGIMENT!!! 

Classical music but something new and different. Stop rehashing the old stuff.

I think part of the problem is that, once they won a championship presenting a show with a story, they felt obliged to keep trying to present stories. And in a lot of people's minds, that's what "Phantom Regiment" came to mean.

But drum corps is not a storytelling medium. Shows that tell stories rarely win. In the past 25 years, I think the only championship shows that arguably tell a story are BD 1997, Cavs 2004, Cadets 2005, Cavs 2006, Phantom 2008, Crown 2013, BD 2015, and BD 2019. That's just 33% -- and even in most of those cases, what's presented is less of a narrative and more like a series of images from a story.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Dog said:

Be Phantom, but lose the singing..........asking for a friend. Thanks. 

Repeating myself, but: I would mind the singing less if it wasn't largely prerecorded.

If Phantom did "Spartacus" today, they'd probably prerecord the "I am Spartacus" yell -- and lots of people would be saying that was a smart move.