2019 Phantom Regiment

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Why does Will Pitts have so many anon accounts on DCP? :innocent:

I remember a time when you wanted to march Phantom.   IIRC it was your parents who didn't want you to try out.

This is quite unfortunate.  I'm sure if you had the experience of being a member, your current attitude might be a little different.  

2 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

Well, based on a number of your posts they are ###### if they do/###### if they don’t. You haven’t liked the corps for several season, citing this head should roll or that person needs to be let go = scapegoat garbage.

Now you’re Intent on ousting Will Pitts. You’ve made that point ad nauseam. While the corps didn’t do well competitively this year, many people have noticed a change for the better, that the coros was connecting more with the audience. So why not build on that iota of success?

Perhaps all the appreciation the corps received this year bothered you?

And you've made the point that everything is hunky dory ad nauseum. I'm just trying to get you to understand that you have a positive outlook, therefore you're absolutely correct. And my outlook is not so peachy (significant improvement over last year but significant design issues relative to their competitors), therefore I'm lame and garbage and whatever negative descriptor you choose. 

I'm intent on pointing out design flaws and perhaps leadership flaws. To fix those, naturally those in charge of those flaws should not be allow to continue to create those flaws year after year (especially given a substantial number of years to correct them and improve). My idea of building on the success of connecting with the audience is finding folks who can design a competent show that connects with the audience from day 1. 

Frankly you get pretty nasty with those that don't agree with you - like what point does it serve to suggest that people appreciating the corps would somehow bother me? That really is an absurd statement. 

6 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

And you've made the point that everything is hunky dory ad nauseum. I'm just trying to get you to understand that you have a positive outlook, therefore you're absolutely correct. And my outlook is not so peachy (significant improvement over last year but significant design issues relative to their competitors), therefore I'm lame and garbage and whatever negative descriptor you choose. 

I'm intent on pointing out design flaws and perhaps leadership flaws. To fix those, naturally those in charge of those flaws should not be allow to continue to create those flaws year after year (especially given a substantial number of years to correct them and improve). My idea of building on the success of connecting with the audience is finding folks who can design a competent show that connects with the audience from day 1. 

Frankly you get pretty nasty with those that don't agree with you - like what point does it serve to suggest that people appreciating the corps would somehow bother me? That really is an absurd statement. 

This from the guy who makes a comment about Will PItts posting anonymously because someone is defending his position with Phantom. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Was it an amazingly well designed show? Nope. Early in the season I was confused and I stated as much. As the show evolved and changed, I thought it started to be the best show it could be. If it would have been an amazing product from the start, then yes, they would clearly have gone higher. Your point is valid. I just don't know that some of the screaming for peoples heads on a pike (figuratively speaking,) does anything more than add unnecessary drama. Just my .02.

I don't like the idea of anyone getting fired. Really.

But what is the alternative? Come back in 2020 and say many of the same things all over again? Perhaps with the addition of "the members couldn't make up for the design flaws this time and the corps fell out of the top 12"? Or "they just couldn't fix the starting product enough by the end"? Rather than somebody getting fired, I'd prefer to say "whoever is creating the design flaws shouldn't be allowed to continue to make those flaws" - it means the same thing but with a different connotation, I guess.

Also, we're not talking about the difference between Regiment's flaws in, say, 2009. The corps had just had a string of top six finishes from 01 to 08. It was clear that the designers knew what they were doing, but things just didn't go right that year. That the 2019 show was the best 12th place show I've ever seen doesn't give me as much hope as it gives others. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Apparently finding a designer to be doing a poor job is the equivalent of wanting the corps to fail. Quite amazing leaps in logic from the psychologists on here

1 hour ago, Continental said:

I remember a time when you wanted to march Phantom.   IIRC it was your parents who didn't want you to try out.

This is quite unfortunate.  I'm sure if you had the experience of being a member, your current attitude might be a little different.  

And I don't begrudge my parents at all on that. I wouldn't be in the position I am today career-wise if I hadn't listened to them. Now if you're done focusing on my personal life, we can go back to talking about Mr. Pitts :guinesssmilie:

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

And I don't begrudge my parents at all on that. I wouldn't be in the position I am today career-wise if I hadn't listened to them. Now if you're done focusing on my personal life, we can go back to talking about Mr. Pitts :guinesssmilie:

If you don''t want personal details brought up again, then don't post them on a forum.

Edited by Continental

16 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Perhaps you need to re-read several of my posts. Things are not hunky dory with the current design team. Never said it was so please, don’t speak for me. I am one of the first to say that change in leadership is needed. The current board needs to decide what direction the corps is going to go.

I am guilty of being positive about the members who choose to march Regiment. There is no denying how their sheer determination and hard work paid off for them this year. Design issues aside, those marching members did what was asked of them and then some.

Are you as critical of other corps this season when it comes to design?  Are you asking another corps to clean house? 

I have tried to make my points respectfully even in our debate...so I’m not quite sure when I became nasty.....such an unfortunate word.

13 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

I don't like the idea of anyone getting fired. Really.

But what is the alternative? Come back in 2020 and say many of the same things all over again? Perhaps with the addition of "the members couldn't make up for the design flaws this time and the corps fell out of the top 12"? Or "they just couldn't fix the starting product enough by the end"? Rather than somebody getting fired, I'd prefer to say "whoever is creating the design flaws shouldn't be allowed to continue to make those flaws" - it means the same thing but with a different connotation, I guess.

Also, we're not talking about the difference between Regiment's flaws in, say, 2009. The corps had just had a string of top six finishes from 01 to 08. It was clear that the designers knew what they were doing, but things just didn't go right that year. That the 2019 show was the best 12th place show I've ever seen doesn't give me as much hope as it gives others. 

Understandable. And there are some valid points. I too thought it was probably the best 12th place corps I've seen. The design needs to be better. Maybe the people in place that are in charge of that design are out of their element and need to be shifted around to positions that are more suitable to their skillset. I wouldn't argue with that to anyone. Granted, I don't know Will Pitts personally to understand his vision of show design and the like. If he's not the best design guy but he's a great arranger, then I would agree that he should be actively engaged in focusing his skill set on what he does best and finding someone with the design skills to move the corps forward. That's the thing about knowing your limits.