2019 Phantom Regiment

18 minutes ago, Continental said:

The one Dentist on here who is a former MM of PR who to this day still supports the corps.

To be honest, I’ve done a pretty crappy job of that over the many years since I’ve stepped off the field. I’ve made a recent resolution to try and correct that. (Even if it’s just helping out at a Texas tryout camp or when they swing through next year.) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, year1buick said:

To be honest, I’ve done a pretty crappy job of that over the many years since I’ve stepped off the field. I’ve made a recent resolution to try and correct that. (Even if it’s just helping out at a Texas tryout camp or when they swing through next year.) 

I am talking about your posts on here. 

You marched with PR.  You support them on here. 

4 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

Perhaps all the appreciation the corps received this year bothered you?

1 hour ago, Sutasaurus said:

Never said it was so please, don’t speak for me.

Oh, the irony.

I'll state it again - Mike Hodin, Regional Vice President of Entertainment Programming and Analytics at Ceasars, lives in Chicago, is a fantastic arranger, and know drum corps (VK, etc). I'd reach out to him for the PC position.

And yes, most every corps needs to back off the electronics. After see corps 1 & 3 whip out sousaphones, I fear we'll see a whole line of them next year, and that would truly be the final nail for me.

5 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Oh, the irony.

What’s really ironic is how you quote me out of context. 

4 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

What’s really ironic is how you quote me out of context. 

Quite interesting you felt the need to comment this again after it was removed by the mods the first time

7 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

Are you as critical of other corps this season when it comes to design?  Are you asking another corps to clean house? 

Phantom Regiment has long been my rooting interest, so the moves that this corps makes are the ones that pique my interest. However, my interest is waning and will continue to do so if a major shakeup doesn't occur (or something gives me hope next year, but I'm tired of saying "maybe next year with the same design staff"). 

I fully admit that I don't know how to design a show, and I suspect you don't either. But do you know who does? The people who are being considered by Phantom Regiment for the design team next season and who are, therefore, considering working with Phantom Regiment next season. You may think certain individuals on the current design staff need to stay around, but visual designers aren't stupid. They know what kinds of programs have been chosen by this program coordinator, what the musical reps have been under this coordinator/brass arranger, how the musical arrangements have gone, etc. They'll be thinking "can I really shine with a fairly simplistic program like I am Joan?" And "can I be impactful visually when effective musical moments aren't being arranged into the show?" They'll think "the designers laid an egg in 2018, and 2019 was the best they could come up with knowing that they really needed to put something together?" 

Maybe they'll get somebody great to write drill, but if they don't, why do you think that'll be? Perhaps money. But also the quality of programs. Perhaps whether or not they have faith in the direction of programming.  

Whatever issues I have with the design direction, I promise you potential design team members will be thinking the same thing (and in a far more knowledgeable and detailed way). You're going to disagree with me, and that's okay. And you'll probably call me lame or tell me that I eat my own boogers, and that's okay too.