2019 Phantom Regiment

I did a double take when I saw that pop up on FB— I didn’t expect anything announced so soon. So it’s going to be Joan vs Valkyries this summer. (Among others, of course.) Should be a good fight.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, kalad's_phantoms_regiment said:

Is Valkyries confirmed for Crossmen?

I’m not sure, honestly. But the all female guard and female warrior poster makes it decent guess I suppose.

glad to see a former student and Phantom alum on percussion staff

I have not been on the site for over a year. I need to premise this in that I did not like the music of the last three years. Do I know what I am talking about as I have been involved for at least 30 years with the corps?  I have been a volunteer in many capacities and a member of the board for a number of years.  I am no longer a member of the board and three of my children marched in the corps.  I have traveled extensively over the years so I know how it functions.  I know the failings and the successes of the corps.

Putting all that aside I am tired of everyone making assumptions and guessing mostly negatively about the Regiment. and the coming year and you have not even seen the show for the first time.on the field.  Until you do I think you should reserve your opinions until you see the final product.  I was ab;e to see the Webinar on Sunday and for the first time feel we are headed in the right direction.  I love the music as it has that Regiment aura about it and it is both classical,  modern and eclectic. No, I will not tell you the repertoire.  Powerful is the word.  From what I have heard of the show concept they are on the right track.  I think we will all be pleasantly surprised.   I will say this the show is modern and eclectic but has a touch of regiment tradition.  Give the kids and staff a break before you make assumptions that are not fact-based and you have seen the show.  So to all a great big SUTa

• Like 3

11 hours ago, grammie12 said:

I have not been on the site for over a year. I need to premise this in that I did not like the music of the last three years. Do I know what I am talking about as I have been involved for at least 30 years with the corps?  I have been a volunteer in many capacities and a member of the board for a number of years.  I am no longer a member of the board and three of my children marched in the corps.  I have traveled extensively over the years so I know how it functions.  I know the failings and the successes of the corps.

Putting all that aside I am tired of everyone making assumptions and guessing mostly negatively about the Regiment. and the coming year and you have not even seen the show for the first time.on the field.  Until you do I think you should reserve your opinions until you see the final product.  I was ab;e to see the Webinar on Sunday and for the first time feel we are headed in the right direction.  I love the music as it has that Regiment aura about it and it is both classical,  modern and eclectic. No, I will not tell you the repertoire.  Powerful is the word.  From what I have heard of the show concept they are on the right track.  I think we will all be pleasantly surprised.   I will say this the show is modern and eclectic but has a touch of regiment tradition.  Give the kids and staff a break before you make assumptions that are not fact-based and you have seen the show.  So to all a great big SUTa

+1 on this.  Alas probably spitting into the wind with some here.

On 11/2/2018 at 11:34 AM, year1buick said:

Are they still going with a mixed guy/girl color guard?

Does it matter?