2019 Phantom Regiment

22 hours ago, Land_Surfer said:

It’s ‘86 all over again, which could mean Cesario, Dan the Man and Mr. Jim could all be back next year.  I would pay $1,000 to watch one of their shows again and see what they could pull off.  What a show it would be... “old school,” if just for one season.  It truly would be “From the New World  to the New Age,” Regiment Style... dark, rich and soulful with some major structure damage sprinkled hear and there.  It’s ok to dream, right? 

the corps needs neither of them!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WarriorWay said:

Phantasm was a recycled Wes Cartwright show, which I’m sure you know as I have also been on the BOA boards. It certainly wasn’t the best Wes could do for Phantom but it was a sophisticated program.  

I know many probably would disagree, but I think Wes is the designer that Phantom needs, a lot of Corps could do with a little lesson in coordination of elements and generating effect. I’m sorry that partnership ended after 2017.

Wes is probably the best designer in the pageantry activity (outside of probably Michael Gaines and Chandler IMO). I don’t know what the worst elements of wild blue orchid were, but if Phantom had a show this year even close to the level of design that show had, we certainly wouldn’t be having this conversation right now.

Jamey Thompson wrote some beautiful drills for PR!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WarriorWay said:

Wes is probably the best designer in the pageantry activity (outside of probably Michael Gaines and Chandler IMO). I don’t know what the worst elements of wild blue orchid were, but if Phantom had a show this year even close to the level of design that show had, we certainly wouldn’t be having this conversation right now.

The worst elements of "Wild Blue Orchid" were:

Wild

Blue

Orchid.

Unless you take the whole show as a big joke on symbolism, like Die linkshändige Frau.

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

The worst elements of "Wild Blue Orchid" were:

Wild

Blue

Orchid.

Unless you take the whole show as a big joke on symbolism, like Die linkshändige Frau.

It’s seems I will have to write some words here. Wild blue orchid was about personifying the character of a rare and beautiful flower, a symbol of beauty and strength.  In the program, the wild blue orchid comes to life to befriend other orchids, battle organic foes, and realizes her strength lies in her supporters. The wild blue orchid’s domain parallels our own communities where brave and beautiful things are nurtured, supported, and thrive.

• Like 1

Just now, WarriorWay said:

It’s seems I will have to write some words here. Wild blue orchid was about personifying the character of a rare and beautiful flower, a symbol of beauty and strength.  In the program, the wild blue orchid comes to life to befriend other orchids, battle organic foes, and realizes her strength lies in her supporters. The wild blue orchid’s domain parallels our own communities where brave and beautiful things are nurtured, supported, and thrive.

Yes, that truly is comedy gold.

• Haha 1

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

Yes, that truly is comedy gold.

Well you can call it whatever you want, but that is the standard of show design these days. Is it right? I don’t know, but I’d rather have the activity where it is now rather than where it was previously🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, EricS said:

the corps needs neither of them!

Why?