2019 Phantom Regiment

22 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I don't think telling is going to do anything. The complete lack of self-awareness and Madison and Regiment is astounding. It's not like what works, from a design and show construction standpoint, is some big secret. It's free. It's out there for everyone to see. I just don't get it. 

Good grief, and this point if I were Regiment I would start copying the top corps in terms of design and show construction.

I may be wrong, but...

I think they are aware. They have no idea how to correct it

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I may be wrong, but...

Which is very scary. Or, they don't care. Just as scary! 

17 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

You're probably right, and that's even scarier.

6 hours ago, fatbrassboy said:

That's the tricky part. How does anyone go about telling the current staff/BOD/administration that we don't have the 'best that money can buy"? 

They don't even have the best for the money range they are spending.  Too many bad staff hires in a row.  When you're hiring the drill writer that got fired from Madison for a terrible showing and propping him up as being the guy that will make you better--- you're bad at making decisions and should leave. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Rocketman said:

Which is very scary. Or, they don't care. Just as scary! 

oh they care. With higher placements comes more money, visibility and in some cases, power. But now, remember when the G7 launched, we discussed, and shortly after it was the Cavies and not Phantom.....what if they fall and stay down?

When is the last time both Madison and Phantom both didn't make finals in the same year? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fatbrassboy said:

That's the tricky part. How does anyone go about telling the current staff/BOD/administration that we don't have the 'best that money can buy"? 

it's real easy

1 hour ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I don't think telling is going to do anything. The complete lack of self-awareness and Madison and Regiment is astounding. It's not like what works, from a design and show construction standpoint, is some big secret. It's free. It's out there for everyone to see. I just don't get it. 

Good grief, and this point if I were Regiment I would start copying the top corps in terms of design and show construction.

Can you imagine the current staff being given the SCV music and told to design a show using it.  i can't.

Edited by EricS
  • Like 3

On 6/26/2019 at 4:46 PM, Continental said:

You've supported them for years.  Some of the others on here are the same ones who have knocked them for years. A couple of them were quite desperate for Dan Farrell to be gone saying how much he was responsible for something or other. 

Now Will Pitts is the target.

You represent your corps and the experience you had with them well. Because of this I listen to what you say with more than a grain of salt.   

I have and thank you for your kind words. I’m not here to knock anyone and like many posters I’m frustrated at the direction the corps is heading. The Regiment means a lot to me as I’m sure it does to many fellow alums. This is why I’m asking FMMs, fans, alumni to get involved.

Singling out individuals to place blame on is counter productive and petty.  Dan and Tim Farrell did their level best to keep  Regiment headed in the right direction and I am very thankful to them for toughing it out through good and bad. We wouldn’t have had Spartacus if it weren’t for their perseverance. Will Pitts doesn’t deserve the disrespect shown in this thread. His product is improving...now to get the design team headed in the same direction.

Ranting/pontificating on a message board is not going to change the course the current board is on. It takes action.

Contact the BOD directly, call Mr. Valenzuela and voice your concerns. Ask them how they feel about the corps’ current standings. I’m sure the board would welcome some fresh ideas. If it’s a money thing, then we get involved in fundraising for the competitive season. It starts with a dialogue with those who can actually enact change. It’s time to hold the board and corps director accountable.

1 hour ago, EricS said:

it's real easy

How do you know? Have you actually tried to approach them???? I doubt it.

Edited by Sutasaurus

2 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

I have and thank you for your kind words. I’m not here to knock anyone and like many posters I’m frustrated at the direction the corps is heading. The Regiment means a lot to me as I’m sure it does to many fellow alums. This is why I’m asking FMMs, fans, alumni to get involved.

Singling out individuals to place blame on is counter productive and petty.  Dan and Tim Farrell did their level best to keep  Regiment headed in the right direction and I am very thankful to them for toughing it out through good and bad. We wouldn’t have had Spartacus if it weren’t for their perseverance. Will Pitts doesn’t deserve the disrespect shown in this thread. His product is improving...now to get the design team headed in the same direction.

Ranting/pontificating on a message board is not going to change the course the current board is on. It takes action.

Contact the BOD directly, call Mr. Valenzuela and voice your concerns. Ask them how they feel about the corps’ current standings. I’m sure the board would welcome some fresh ideas. If it’s a money thing, then we get involved in fundraising for the competitive season. It starts with a dialogue with those who can actually enact change. It’s time to hold the board and corps director accountable.

How do you know? Have you actually tried to approach them???? I doubt it.

Do you really believe that the BOD would welcome some fresh ideas from alums/fans?  PR had a new alumni fundraising program launched this year. Project 56. No idea how it has done. I don't know if they even have records on all of the alumni over the years. I've never received anything. 

Edited by fatbrassboy
additional comment

53 minutes ago, fatbrassboy said:

Do you really believe that the BOD would welcome some fresh ideas from alums/fans?  PR had a new alumni fundraising program launched this year. Project 56. No idea how it has done. I don't know if they even have records on all of the alumni over the years. I've never received anything. 

The internet is full of surprises....try looking up the alumni group. Don’t wait for them to come to you.....