2019 Phantom Regiment

27 minutes ago, Rocketman said:

IMO, should never have been given the 'Program Coordinator' role!

Agreed, I'd keep him as arranger any day, but organizing a program is not within his capabilities. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brass Lover said:

Agreed, I'd keep him as arranger any day, but organizing a program is not within his capabilities. 

Make that two.

19 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Make that two.

Make that three. I really quite like this show musically, but as a whole it just doesn't work.

16 hours ago, phd-student-TTU said:

Dan literally ran everyone off that didn’t bow down to him. The DCI community knew about this and that’s why no one wanted to get hired there. 

Ummm.... Dan may or may not have been able to work well with others, but under his leadership Regiment did place in the top a lot including 2 world championsips. Moreover, the abusive personality issues of a certain person and subsiquent staff changes over the years did not really hurt The Cadets from 1983 =2015. So pinning it square on Dan for the wild competitive fluctuations of Regiment, especially the current downfall after is retirement, does not ring really true in my opinion.

Edited by Stu

45 minutes ago, Stu said:

Ummm.... Dan may or may not have been able to work well with others, but under his leadership Regiment did place in the top a lot including 2 world championsips. Moreover, the abusive personality issues of a certain person and subsiquent staff changes over the years did not really hurt The Cadets from 1983 =2015. So pinning it square on Dan for the wild competitive fluctuations of Regiment, especially the current downfall after is retirement, does not ring really true in my opinion.

Bingo! Dan and I had our differences over the X—plus years but he wanted the best for the corps and that’s why I respected him. In the corporate world you don't have to love everyone you work with to be successful.

I’m not convinced Pat Seidling was the only reason Spartacus was successful. As for the current director, he has to share responsibility for the competitiveness, or lack thereof, of the corps.

Edited by Sutasaurus

1 hour ago, Stu said:

See queen anne’s post about PS. 

17 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Exactly. Spartacus came about because of Pat Seidling more than anyone else. Yes, I know that he was gone by then, but it's the staff and direction he put in place that led to Spartacus. He is the one that turned a Regiment, who declined in the late 90s, into a champion caliber corps by 2006. The hangover form him lingered for a couple years, then poof. That is evident by Regiment's pretty consistent drop since 2008, with 2012 being the brightest spot. Dan drove off all their great staff members. People who are happy at work typically don't leave unless they get offered more money or a higher position. 

You can't have it both ways. Pat's staff was still in place in 2009. So that is Pat's fault, correct? And if you say no, how can you place blame squarely on Dan with his previous top five, and winning, success prior to Pat showing up?

44 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

See queen anne’s post about PS. 

Pat was a gerat director for Regiment from 2002 = 2007. No denying that. Yet here are a four questions:

A) Where was Pat, and what was his 'Regiment' job description in '93 when Regiment took third, or '94 third, or '96 first, and '08 yet another first?

B) Where was Dan, and what was his 'Regiment' job description in '93 when Regiment took third, or '94 third, or '96 first, and '08 yet another first?

C) How many championships did Regiment win under Pat?

D) How can Dan be responsable for the current downfall of Regiment in his retirement?