2019 Phantom Regiment

Regardless, if Crown can make Major Tom work....ANYTHING can be arranged and designed well to make for a great drum corps show.  There is potential in this show.  Whether the staff can get it to that next level we will see.  I didn't find it "corny" at all and I am no Will Pitts apologist to say the least.  People are making it look like the end of the world and it's not.  The mechanisms are there to make everything work and they are, from an organization standpoint, pretty #### solid.  Being competitive needs to be a goal alongside being educational.  They have the talent and the drive.  Frankly I liked ALL the shows at SOS this year (rare).  Crown was at another level to be honest but hey someone has to be.  DCI finals are going to be a lot of fun this year.

Edited by Mello Dude

The only thing worse than Regiment not making finals, would be if this show somehow pulled together and scraped into finals and this staff was allowed to stay. Let's pray that doesn't happen. 

Obviously, the best case scenario is that they pull it together AND the staff still gets blown up. That way the kids get rewarded for their work and the Admin and Board reward that effort by not putting them in this spot again. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You all act like this never happened before.  1986 was the same thing.  I have hope that someone(s) will see the light. 

Edited by Mello Dude

47 minutes ago, GeneralTsoChicken said:

The only thing worse than Regiment not making finals, would be if this show somehow pulled together and scraped into finals and this staff was allowed to stay. Let's pray that doesn't happen. 

Obviously, the best case scenario is that they pull it together AND the staff still gets blown up. That way the kids get rewarded for their work and the Admin and Board reward that effort by not putting them in this spot again. 

So kind of like the Boston Crusaders circa 2016-17?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

So kind of like the Boston Crusaders circa 2016-17?

Yes, minus the fact that the regiment pockets are pretty shallow.  Dunno where that money will come from.

Rick Valenzuela has done an incredible job making the ensemble fiscally responsible, but that, by no means, means that the corps has money to throw at things, yet.

1 hour ago, GeneralTsoChicken said:

AMEN

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Maybe "I Remember Everything" but Ghostlight?? Everglow?? How does that even make sense?

Maybe you should just accept that "The Fire Within" is a much worse title 

Worse than I am Joan? Hardly.