2019 Phantom Regiment

2 hours ago, Sideways said:

Plenty of content in programmed in from when I saw them at Ford Field.  Just extremely unprepared with the fundamentals and complete lack of clarity....those two are pretty tightly tied together,  feet and brass in particular.  Define visual technique, clean those feet, and bring the brass up to the level of the percussion and those content/rep numbers should start moving north.  That and the key change in FOEG is just downright offensive to the ears.  

Two weeks in with these issues..........SAD

Fire staff beginning with Pitts

38 minutes ago, EricS said:

Talk about sad.....

. Many are encouraged with their progress. Go bag on someone else for a while

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sideways said:

Define visual technique, clean those feet, and bring the brass up to the level of the percussion and those content/rep numbers should start moving north.    

I'm not sure about the visual staff, but I'm heartened by the brass staff - I trust that if brass issues can be fixed by brass instruction, it'll get done.

2 hours ago, EricS said:

Too be fair I did my comments were based on seeing them in person at Ford Field.  Recaps appeared to be showing the same trends until the last couple shows.  I believe there is enough content for them be a finalist if they clean up the fundamentals.

5 hours ago, EricS said:

I’ve seen June iterations of the Cadets that were dirtier than dollar whore on Sunday, only to go on to medal in August. That’s not to say Regiment is in position but... they’re, like, three or so shows in. No, it’s not where you want to shoot for but, c’mon— I’m, personally, happy to recognize that they’re at least improving and give some credit where credit is due. Sheesh.

Keep on pushing, Regiment! SUTA!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, year1buick said:

I’ve seen June iterations of the Cadets that were dirtier than dollar whore on Sunday, only to go on to medal in August. That’s not to say Regiment is in position but... they’re, like, three or so shows in. No, it’s not where you want to shoot for but, c’mon— I’m, personally, happy to recognize that they’re at least improving and give some credit where credit is due. Sheesh.

Keep on pushing, Regiment! SUTA!

I don't think PR has improved like this at the beginning of the season for several years.

Something about this corps just seems to defy expectations when you least expect it.

2 minutes ago, Continental said:

Move Will Pitts out of programming and keep him as arranger.

agreed! Will is coming into his own. Let’s see how the next few shows develop before throwing the baby out with the bath water. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Continental said:

Move Will Pitts out of programming and keep him as arranger.

Let's not forget that that scenario existed a few years ago and the ensemble STILL got worse, with a big name Program Coordinator. There are only 3 constants here. 

The corps has gotten worse since Dan's role diminished and his ultimate retirement. 

The corps has gotten worse with Will on board

Rick seems exceptionally hands off on the competitive side of things, but has done an amazing job cleaning things up financially.