2019 Phantom Regiment

9 hours ago, Stu said:

Out of all the people in the world, and considering the public relations problem DCI is currently in, you chose to compare him to Jared from Subway! Really?!?!

Good point.  Didn't think about that just they look a LOT alike.

Ugh...Fire of Eternal Glory? Can it possibly live up to 1993, I don't think so. Such a classic PR piece, and to be honest, after 2018, I don't know that they'll have the same feel.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, tesmusic said:

Ugh...Fire of Eternal Glory? Can it possibly live up to 1993, I don't think so. Such a classic PR piece, and to be honest, after 2018, I don't know that they'll have the same feel.

I agree. I am worried that “Fire of Eternal Glory” will get the same treatment “New World Symphony” got last year.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3

Musically, I'm surprisingly ok with what they've got so far.  I still feel they should go "New School DCI" in their approach and incorporate brass band and other technical pieces to fill in between the classic stuff a la Crown and Vanguard, but if they're not going to do that, then might as well go guns a-blazing with music like this.

Mike

• Thanks 2

How will they outline a form on the field with hoodies?

7 hours ago, tesmusic said:

Why oh why must Regiment always go down this rabbit hole? There are tons of great pieces out there that no corps has touched, yet they keep rehashing. I love Fire, but there is no way it is going to live up to 1993. They are following Madison down that rabbit hole. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I agree. I am worried that “Fire of Eternal Glory” will get the same treatment “New World Symphony” got last year.

Or Clare in 2015. BORING! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Or Clare in 2015. BORING! 

Exactly!  

18 hours ago, MikeN said:

Musically, I'm surprisingly ok with what they've got so far.  I still feel they should go "New School DCI" in their approach and incorporate brass band and other technical pieces to fill in between the classic stuff a la Crown and Vanguard, but if they're not going to do that, then might as well go guns a-blazing with music like this.

Mike

I was OK with last year's New World until it....well. 

• Like 2

The brass sound that we all connect to Phantom was missing for the past few years.  The music has lacked the GE that other corps have.  This definitely impacts the visual design, as well as the guard choreography.  There is so much classical and contemporary music that the corps could perform and be successful with.  I do agree that a consultant with much experience needs to come in and help guide the design team.  As somebody posted earlier, Howard Weinstein is available.  He has a proven track record.  There are a few other corps trying to knock Regiment out of the finals spot (Spirit, Colts, Scouts, etc.), if things don't improve. Good luck Regiment! Make the correct decisions.

• Like 1