2019 Phantom Regiment

5 minutes ago, GeneralTsoChicken said:

These kids are awesome.

These adults should be ashamed of themselves.

Every day that Rick doesn't make it known that everyone is gone is a missed recruiting opportunity for next season.

Shouldn't "Rick" be the first to go? He hires the staff Im guessing??? He keeps his job when he has hired so poorly for so long?

Doesnt sound right to me, A clean slate is needed from the top on down to fix this corps, IMO.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HBD said:

Shouldn't "Rick" be the first to go? He hires the staff Im guessing??? He keeps his job when he has hired so poorly for so long?

Doesnt sound right to me, A clean slate is needed from the top on down to fix this corps, IMO.

Didn't see the performance tonight but everyone over on the show thread was very positive. 

The staff must be doing something right to get buy-in from the members.

11 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

The staff must be doing something right to get buy-in from the members.

I think a lot of us are impressed with what the students have been able to accomplish and how they've improved in selling what they've been given. They put on an emotional performance.

But what they've been given to perform lags behind those around them. 

• Like 4

It’s obvious that no one is telling the marching members the gravity of the situation that PR is in!  This year's marching members could very possibly be the marching members who don’t make it to finals, a finish this corps hasn’t experienced since 1973.  It may not be totally their fault but, they are the ones being judged and the ones who spent a very large sum of money (each) to be successful... to win or get as close to winning as expected.  Not making it to finals is absolutely unsuccessful.  Heck, anything in the bottom half is unsuccessful in my book when paying the fees to march. Back in the day if we performed poorly, or, did not perform to the expectation of the staff it was explained sternly to us and we paid the price dearly with very, very intense practice until we got it right and the point was made.  Today’s generation would likely have cried and quit.  If this was a volunteer activity, I would have no issues, but it isn’t.  There is too much money and survival at stake and the members and staff need to feel the absolute burden.  PR has never had a roster of MM and staff that caused this low of finish.  Don’t settle to the one that does.   

Truth hurts.  Deal with it.  

Edited by Land_Surfer
  • Haha 1

Thank you Phantom Regiment for your powerful and emotional performance tonight! The show is reallllly coming together and giving us that PR pizzazz! Keep pushing....the progress is amazing! I'm buying what you're selling! :thumbup:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Land_Surfer said:

It’s obvious that no one is telling the marching members the gravity of the situation that PR is in!  This year's marching members could very possibly be the marching members who don’t make it to finals, a finish this corps hasn’t experienced since 1973.  It may not be totally their fault but, they are the ones being judged and the ones who spent a very large sum of money (each) to be successful... to win or get as close to winning as expected.  Not making it to finals is absolutely unsuccessful.  Heck, anything in the bottom half is unsuccessful in my book when paying the fees to march. Back in the day if we performed poorly, or, did not perform to the expectation of the staff it was explained sternly to us and we paid the price dearly with very, very intense practice until we got it right and the point was made.  Today’s generation would likely have cried and quit.  If this was a volunteer activity, I would have no issues, but it isn’t.  There is too much money and survival at stake and the members and staff need to feel the absolute burden.  PR has never had a roster of MM and staff that caused this low of finish.  Don’t settle to the one that does.   

Truth hurts.  Deal with it.  

Quit and cry indeed. Thankfully most of "today's generation" would likely (and appropriately) summarily dismiss your post as rubbish (though they'd also likely use a more appropriate term than rubbish). I considered taking the time to point out the inconsistencies and cognitive distortions in your post, but since you stated your belief that the "truth hurts" I don't want to cause you any pain. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2