Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, alvinpr89 said:

Looks like Tony Hall is on tour with Phantom.

I think this is great news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, year1buick said:

I think this is great news.

If I had a dollar for every year I heard that Tony Hall came on tour with Phantom to fix the crappy drill/visual that they started with, I’d be a rich man. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Minimaster said:

If I had a dollar for every year I heard that Tony Hall came on tour with Phantom to fix the crappy drill/visual that they started with, I’d be a rich man. 

Maybe so (I honestly haven’t kept track), but they had to work with the here and now, which meant improvement was needed, stat. IMO, Tony is still a great resource to turn to for this. Fix the reasons why he was needed after the season. (We all hope, at least.)

Edited by year1buick
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t know what the weather has been like on tour, but it sure has been below normal summer temps in the southeast this year. Only 78° here yesterday. I can’t imagine anyone would mind that. 

Edited by PRomoter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, billj said:

Huh? Day to day what? This is based on one score I assume. 

Any way, "season may be a bust" doesn't seem very appropriate. The show's cleaning up and improving, and crowds are loving it. Keep it up Regiment!

Very simply, Spirit of Atlanta has been improving faster than Regiment for several performances. Look it up and graph it. If they remain on their current trajectory, they will move into 12th position. 

 

As far as season being a bust, not making finals for this corps is a bit of a bust. Talk about improvement and pleasing the crowds all you want. If they don’t make finals, there will be a lot of disappointed people, inside the organization and out. Hence, bust. Yes. And, please don’t tell me lots of groups will go home disappointed, because, of course they will. Going home on Friday night would be altogether different for all who love PR. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, alvinpr89 said:

Looks like Tony Hall is on tour with Phantom.

That's PRHoF Tony Hall! Tour just became more interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Minimaster said:

If I had a dollar for every year I heard that Tony Hall came on tour with Phantom to fix the crappy drill/visual that they started with, I’d be a rich man. 

I don't think you can equate Tony Hall coming on tour with a crappy visual design -- until recently he would come out at some point every year. Even the amazing jamey thompson years

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, general_tsos_chicken2 said:

8 hours ago, Minimaster said:

If I had a dollar for every year I heard that Tony Hall came on tour with Phantom to fix the crappy drill/visual that they started with, I’d be a rich man. 

I don't think you can equate Tony Hall coming on tour with a crappy visual design -- until recently he would come out at some point every year. Even the amazing jamey thompson years

That’s exactly right. He is a feet guy, a cleaner-upper, not really a redesigner.

posted from the DrumScorps app

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, PRomoter said:

That’s exactly right. He is a feet guy, a cleaner-upper, not really a redesigner.

posted from the DrumScorps app

I have no idea who this man is, but he sounds like Mike from Breaking Bad. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.