2019 Phantom Regiment

7 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

No more Santa Clara staff please.

I can't tell if this is a Shaw/Rennick reference or a Fiedler reference 

33 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

I’ll bite. Will’s arranging is developing nicely but show design is not his forte. Bring in an upper tier visual design staff and Will can hold his own. 

Will's role is program coordinator and brass arranger. To make sure, you're suggesting to hire a different program coordinator (someone with a visual background) and keep Will as brass arranger only?

I'm 100% with you on the program coordinator role. I assume a program coordinator role is charged with hiring design staff (or making recommendations on who to hire), and he has done a poor job of that (e.g., after his own admission of visual woes after last season, he kept the visual design staff except for drill designer, who was let go mid-season). The overall design dramatically improved this season relative to last, but in my mind, not enough to convince me. 

I'm 80% against you on the brass arranger role. Perhaps if he had someone who would veto his stuff that doesn't work (like a strong program coordinator), it might work out. But if my options are (i) get someone great or (ii) hope that Will can continue incrementally improving, I'm going to choose the former.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Nope. Go back in time.....

Edited by Sutasaurus

35 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

It could be a reference to Myron Rosander, which produced an all-time fan favorite in 2010. And he had a lot more to do conceptually with the design than just drill.

It could be a reference to Adam Sage, which produced some of Regiment's best integrated story lines involving the guard from 2005-2008. 

I'd take two designers of that caliber in a heartbeat. Otherwise, I'm at a loss. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Will's role is program coordinator and brass arranger. To make sure, you're suggesting to hire a different program coordinator (someone with a visual background) and keep Will as brass arranger only?

I'm 100% with you on the program coordinator role. I assume a program coordinator role is charged with hiring design staff (or making recommendations on who to hire), and he has done a poor job of that (e.g., after his own admission of visual woes after last season, he kept the visual design staff except for drill designer, who was let go mid-season). The overall design dramatically improved this season relative to last, but in my mind, not enough to convince me. 

I'm 80% against you on the brass arranger role. Perhaps if he had someone who would veto his stuff that doesn't work (like a strong program coordinator), it might work out. But if my options are (i) get someone great or (ii) hope that Will can continue incrementally improving, I'm going to choose the former.

A strong program coordinator is exactly what I’m talking about. I think Will’s best work is yet to come. Don’t bag on something that is connecting with fans. His potential is obvious. Pair him with a seasoned design staff and you have the best of both worlds....or at least a good start on the comeback trail.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

It could be a reference to Myron Rosander, which produced an all-time fan favorite in 2010. And he had a lot more to do conceptually with the design than just drill.

It could be a reference to Adam Sage, which produced some of Regiment's best integrated story lines involving the guard from 2005-2008. 

I'd take two designers of that caliber in a heartbeat. Otherwise, I'm at a loss. 

It’s none of these....though I would love to have Adam Sage return. I hope that narrows things down for you.

Edited by Sutasaurus

1 minute ago, Sutasaurus said:

It’s none of these....though I would love to have Adam Sage return. I hope that narrows things down for you.

I'm confused why you're purposely being obtuse. Why not just say who you're talking about?

• Like 1

Let’s start with the corps director......ahem. Better now?

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 2