2019 Phantom Regiment

3 hours ago, Continental said:

Some of you are going to have to be patient with Phantom's rise up the ranks. 

"Comments like this make me laugh."

What evidence is there to suggest any sort of "rise up the ranks" without across-the-board design changes? 

Going back to your IT analogy... apparently you're qualified enough as an IT guy to give praise, but you're not qualified enough to give criticism. It's interesting how that works. When someone agrees with you, they're cool. When someone doesn't, they're not qualified and couldn't do any better. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

Did you notice that Bluecoats only spent 8-9K more than Regiment?  They seem to attract and retain top level talent.

The three with multi-million wages also have other endeavors that fall into the wages category.

I'm not putting any faith in those numbers, as there's no way Bluecoats are spending that little on staff. I'm not sure those numbers are apples all the way across the board. 

Just now, kdaddy said:

I'm not putting any faith in those numbers, as there's no way Bluecoats are spending that little on staff. I'm not sure those numbers are apples all the way across the board. 

How about Regiment or Crossmen?  Do you believe them?

I'm actually with you on this.  I'm sure that some only include wage that are headquarters related as wages, and the wages paid to instructional/program staff get hidden in another bucket.

There is nothing of much use in the statistics cited, since several only relate to drum corp activities and some (cadets, BD, SVC) have other organizations included in the numbers.

10 hours ago, Rocketman said:

It appears these programs do not generate enough donor revenue to keep the corps competitive. If the donations are restricted for the educational programs, perhaps those need to be spun off under a separate umbrella.

You could be right. Or losing those funds could mean the corps folds. I don't know which is true; I'm just noting the possibilities.

3 hours ago, kdaddy said:

What evidence is there to suggest any sort of "rise up the ranks" without across-the-board design changes? 

This past year.  They had a better show than the last several. 

I'm sorry my IT response triggered you enough to make you comment twice on it.  I'm also sorry for not looking at the situation in the same negative light as some others.  I'm also sorry that I don't want Will Pitts to be replaced. 

Please forgive me.  Do you want me to make a negative comment now? I wish Will Pitts would change his name to Will Smith because I always seem to write that and have to correct it before posting.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Rocketman said:

I was able to do a little research on this looking at the most recently available 990 data. You will see that, the financial picture in Rockford is NOT comparable to top corps and, in fact, they spent LESS on staff salaries than any other corps in the top 12 (2017)

Can I clarify one thing - does wages include everyone up through to the full-time Director?

11 hours ago, Rocketman said:

Dave,

Sadly, I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way and, how could it be verified? As you and I discussed, it may be time for more drastic changes including relocation.

Hello my friend,

I’ve spent several years helping not for profit causes and donations can be designated for specific programs/uses. The organization must record donations as they are designated for auditing purposes. At least that’s how our NFPs were run.

4 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

How about Regiment or Crossmen?  Do you believe them?

I'm actually with you on this.  I'm sure that some only include wage that are headquarters related as wages, and the wages paid to instructional/program staff get hidden in another bucket.

There is nothing of much use in the statistics cited, since several only relate to drum corp activities and some (cadets, BD, SVC) have other organizations included in the numbers.

These are the number the corps supplies on their 990 form.

2 hours ago, Continental said:

This past year.  They had a better show than the last several.  

Hopefully you recognize that Phantom Regiment 2019 wasn't competing against Phantom Regiment 2016-2018. Indeed, we'd see your predicted "rise in the ranks" if that was the case.

I'm not sure anyone is arguing with "they had a better show than the last several." I'm sorry that it's just not sufficient evidence for many of us to believe that the ship is heading in the right direction, only a little better direction. 

Please forgive me. Do you want me to make a positive comment now? I think Will Pitts made a great choice in "Continental" for his DCP screen name.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2