2019 Phantom Regiment

On 8/13/2019 at 1:20 PM, kdaddy said:

Hopefully you recognize that Phantom Regiment 2019 wasn't competing against Phantom Regiment 2016-2018. Indeed, we'd see your predicted "rise in the ranks" if that was the case.

I'm not sure anyone is arguing with "they had a better show than the last several." I'm sorry that it's just not sufficient evidence for many of us to believe that the ship is heading in the right direction, only a little better direction. 

Please forgive me. Do you want me to make a positive comment now? I think Will Pitts made a great choice in "Continental" for his DCP screen name.

roflmao

30 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

This thread is comedy. Much like Will Pitts' idea of good show design 

Sorry Cappy, you’re not helping your credibility here.

This thread turned to nonsense because of posters such as yourself.

Everyone is quick to complain about everything Phantom Regiment and calling for Will Pitts’ head. However when someone tries to turn this discussion to constructive brainstorming all you get are crickets or snarky remarks. Basta!

I learned a long time ago in the corporate world, when you go into a meeting if you have an issue with a policy or a particular method or procedure you better bring a valid idea on how to fix it. Otherwise you’re considered a time wasting complainer and no one will take you seriously going forward.

Later.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Sorry Cappy, you’re not helping your credibility here.

This thread turned to nonsense because of posters such as yourself.

Everyone is quick to complain about everything Phantom Regiment and calling for Will Pitts’ head. However when someone tries to turn this discussion to constructive brainstorming all you get are crickets or snarky remarks. Basta!

I learned a long time ago in the corporate world, when you go into a meeting if you have an issue with a policy or a particular method or procedure you better bring a valid idea on how to fix it. Otherwise you’re considered a time wasting complainer and no one will take you seriously going forward.

Later.

What credibility? I'm just the world's largest rodent! 

Image result for capybara

By the way, this is a discussion board, not an executive board, though I guess with some egos  and displays of hubris on here it can be easy to confuse the two. Holding anonymous people commenting on DCP to the same level of standard as those on the board of a corps is just adding to the hilarity of this thread. 

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

What credibility? I'm just the world's largest rodent! 

Image result for capybara

By the way, this is a discussion board, not an executive board, though I guess with some egos on here it can be easy to confuse the two. Holding anonymous people commenting on DCP to the same level of standard as those on the board of a corps is just adding to the hilarity of this thread. 

Self portrait? Nice. Thank you for the clarification of what this garbage is. DISCUSSION hopefully would bring some MEANINGFUL ideas to the table, but alas you prove me wrong. Some posters see this as a viable means to share ideas on how to help while you consider making demeaning remarks a “hobby”. You’re blaming “corporate Regiment’ for their placement, then address it as such and not rely on a scapegoat. 

Edited by Sutasaurus

14 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Self portrait? Nice. Thank you for the clarification of what this garbage is. DISCUSSION hopefully would bring some MEANINGFUL ideas to the table, but alas you prove me wrong. Some posters see this as a viable means to share ideas on how to help while you consider making demeaning remarks a “hobby”. You’re blaming “corporate Regiment’ for their placement, then address it as such and not rely on a scapegoat. 

Not sure why hobby is in quotation marks as I used no such word (just a pet peeve)

Your "meaningful" ideas (or anyone else's) on DCP aren't going to do anything for Phantom. None. Just like complaining about about Regiment isn't going to do anything for the corps either. One choice isn't superior to the other. Again, this is a discussion board! Not a board meeting room. Nothing said in here is going to influence the corps' decisions.

I cannot stress this enough: your incessant need to control the discourse is getting tiring. No one asked you to become a moderator. 

If you can't see just how subpar both the musical arrangements and show designs are compared to corps placing BELOW them, then I really don't know what to tell you. 

Also, again, I did not use the words "corporate regiment" so please stop using quotes as if I did. Thanks. 

38 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Not sure why hobby is in quotation marks as I used no such word (just a pet peeve)

Your "meaningful" ideas (or anyone else's) on DCP aren't going to do anything for Phantom. None. Just like complaining about about Regiment isn't going to do anything for the corps either. One choice isn't superior to the other. Again, this is a discussion board! Not a board meeting room. Nothing said in here is going to influence the corps' decisions.

I cannot stress this enough: your incessant need to control the discourse is getting tiring. No one asked you to become a moderator. 

If you can't see just how subpar both the musical arrangements and show designs are compared to corps placing BELOW them, then I really don't know what to tell you. 

Also, again, I did not use the words "corporate regiment" so please stop using quotes as if I did. Thanks. 

Not a good argument. Put hobby in quotes because I don’t know what this activity means to you. What purpose do you have to demean posters who don’t agree with your opinions? Incessant need to control the discourse?? Really? Your carping isn't tiring?  You have a really high opinion of yourself. I’m not a moderator nor do hope to be. I just call useless, unproductive crap for what it is.  If you are addressing  what you see as the shortcomings of Regiment’s BOD/staff then you are speaking to corporate Regiment. Don’t be coy here.

Peace and love to the world’s largest rodent.

Don’t worry, I’ll stick around to speak truth. 

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Don’t worry, I’ll stick around to speak truth. 

:guinesssmilie: