2019 Phantom Regiment

3 hours ago, Rocketman said:

Here is (allegedly) a link to companies headquartered in Rockford

No photo description available.

Okay, you don't even need Google to know that, for example, Zildjian is based in Massachusetts, not Illinois. Lone Star Percussion? What part of "Lone Star" are we failing to understand here? It says right on the TreeWorks logo that they're based in Tennessee.

A little rigor, folks, please.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman

1 hour ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Okay, you don't even need Google to know that, for example, Zildjian is based in Massachusetts, not Illinois. Lone Star Percussion? What part of "Lone Star" are we failing to understand here? It says right on the TreeWorks logo that they're based in Tennessee.

A little rigor, folks, please.

Ummmmm...

The link was separate from the above. The poster was saying the businesses in the link provided don’t show up on PR’s sponsor page -  Lone Star, Zildjian, et al. 

Edited by Brian Tuma
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Rocketman said:

Here is (allegedly) a link to companies headquartered in Rockford - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Companies_based_in_Rockford,_Illinois . From what you see below, none of them are currently sponsors for the corps. Why?

No photo description available.

Ryan Air is having its own $$$ problems, at least in Europe.

At first I thought your signature logo was a list of the companies, particularly when I saw Rockford U. But then my morning caffeine kicked in...

It must be the lack of coffee. I very clearly indicated that the link was companies headquartered in Rockford and none of them appeared on the corps corporate sponsorship image.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2019 at 6:24 PM, Sutasaurus said:

I respect your opinion but is “noise” going to turn the current situation around? No. Actions will. All I’m asking is to have people put their money/ideas where their mouths are. Is that wrong or asking too much? Honest question here....not being overly sensitive.

Sorry for responding so late...It has been well documented that the decision makers control what happens with any monies that come into the organization.  Throwing money at the problem will not fix the problem.  (Not suggesting that's where you were going.)  Withholding funds will do just as much damage as giving money.  I believe this is more about mismanagement.

The passive think waiting it out will solve the problem...look where that's gone...

We're all on the outside looking in...Since money won't solve the problem, and none of us have the authority to investigate, we are left with only our voices.  Living out of state doesn't help.

In my opinion there should be reason for concern. I'm surprised only a hand full are sounding the alarm.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

What r u trying to say here???? The corporations in Rockford are being hit up daily for funding for local charities. The group of sponsors you list in the gray block are not based in Rockford but they are currently sponsoring the corps.  They marched King horns, FJM designed/manufactured their uniforms. Where do you get your info Jeff? 

I’ll go back to my theory.... Regiment can afford to be one or the other, a music outreach for underserved communities or a competitive DCI corps. They can’t do both.

What I'm saying is, none of the companies listed in the link are included on the corps sponsorship image taken from the corps website. NONE! It appears to be proving my point. Either the corps has not reached out to them (which would be a mystery as to why) or they have reached out and (based on the image) have gotten no support. Which further supports my point that Rockford is not capable of (or willing to) providing the kind of financial support the corps needs to be competitive.

Someone has suggested that it is the alumni (estimated at 2,000) that needs to 'step up'. Lets say a $5,000,000 budget is needed to attract and retain top design talent and provide the other resources the corps needs. We're talking a $2,500 YEARLY contribution to the corps. That's not going to happen. Clearly, it is corporate sponsorship that must be counted on for the bulk of the revenue.

I happen to agree that the corps cannot do both community outreach AND be a competitive DCI corps. At least, the last five years appear to have proven that.

It's not like Rockford or Illinois are financially stable parts of the country, assuming Phantom would be is a ridiculous assumption.  Pouring water into a bucket full of holes can't last forever.

I've read some of the comments likening this to the corp world.  We'll I've been in the corp world for my entire adult life. When a company fails to perform heads get chopped from the top down up to and including the board members.

There have got to be people within the organization that see the fire burning.  Maybe they're in the minority and can't speak out.  This forum provides an outlet to voice those concerns publically.  We now live in a society that fights verbal wars, what makes Phantoms situation any different.  If enough people voice their concern things will change but until that happens you can count on Phantom fading into the sunset.  Call it doom & gloom or whatever...I would much rather be chastised and ridiculed than sit by and watch the failure continue.

I look at this as I do any business challenge , you find an eliminate the issues. If that means replacing people then so be it,.  The problem won't fix itself no matter how patient you are.

Bottom line...we all want Phantom to succeed we just have different opinions on how to get there. 

Edited by Phantombari1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Phantombari1 said:

When a company fails to perform heads get chopped from the top down up to and including the board members.

When a company fails, one should look at the top as to what is happening.  What are they allowing to happen to cause the failure? 

That being said, if its a public company, perhaps the top will be replaced.  But in other companies what happens is the top makes decisions to protect itself and gets rid of middle and lower employees.   I've seen this over and over. 

• Like 1