2019 Phantom Regiment

I wish PR would make a point of emphasizing the music over visuals.  A lot of people have contended that approach is the remains of a bygone era--that today's design sheet  make such an approach impossible.  I'm unconvinced.  If you took "Into the Light", as arranged in 2010, and just tweaked the visuals, you'd still have a compelling,  competitive show.

Respect the music.  Is it harder than dumping the music into a Cuisinart?  Certainly.  That just makes it a challenge.  And it respects PR's tradition.

[dons flak jacket]

11 minutes ago, jthomas666 said:

I wish PR would make a point of emphasizing the music over visuals.  A lot of people have contended that approach is the remains of a bygone era--that today's design sheet  make such an approach impossible.  I'm unconvinced.  If you took "Into the Light", as arranged in 2010, and just tweaked the visuals, you'd still have a compelling,  competitive show.

Respect the music.  Is it harder than dumping the music into a Cuisinart?  Certainly.  That just makes it a challenge.  And it respects PR's tradition.

[dons flak jacket]

2010 is basically another era, but it can be done. Music seems tohave become more of a focus in general the last few years, even with BD

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Could care less. Couldn’t care less. Guess it doesn’t matter. 

One of my pet peeves too.  It does matter in the caring continuum.

If one cares to any degree at all, it is possible to care less.  Those who care a great deal, could care less.

But, if one "couldn't care less" one will always be at zero in the continuum as it is impossible to care less.  :laughing:

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

I just want them to have competent design that’s performed well & a music book that does not rely on any piece used in the past. 

Am I asking too much?

With things currently, yes. For 2020, could happen.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brian Tuma said:

Most importantly, in which city is Joan’s shopping spree taking place? It can’t be Paris again. No more rehashes! 

I’m sure it’ll be Paris.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/24/2019 at 1:06 PM, Sutasaurus said:

Swap out heavy classical for standard classical music.....

Well, I never said they had to stick with standard classical music, either. What I said is there is so much music in the standard classical repertory that hasn't made it's way to the football field.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:08 AM, jthomas666 said:

[dons flak jacket]

Well, that is NOT the direction the activity is going and, what makes you think (looking at their visual programs of late) that they are 'emphasizing' visuals!