2019 Phantom Regiment

On 5/19/2019 at 1:11 PM, PhantomPhan91 said:

Three observations:

1) Love their energy being displayed.
2) The strong downbeat body movements are effecting their 
vocal quality. 
3) They need to perform this on Monday morning, July 29th in front of the Lehigh Valley Court of Common Pleas. 

Sorry. Had to say it.  Go Phantom!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Phantombari1 said:

The Battle Cry video is nothing more than a team building exercise...Things like that don't hurt!  Just my opinion.

That's what I was hoping it would be. But do we really know?

Prior reps have sounded powerful when announced only to fall flat on the field. Again, NOT a member issue. I will be at the theatre on the 20th. Given that at least four of the corps there have gone 'all in' (Blue Stars not as much IMO, but far more than Regiment), if the staff puts out another turkey in some attempt to hold onto their 'identity', as much as I hate saying it, the season could be a long one, ending on August 9th.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phantombari1 said:

The Battle Cry video is nothing more than a team building exercise...Things like that don't hurt!  Just my opinion.

I got the impression it was a recording session for part of their show rather than a team building exorcise. Why make a big deal about it being a recording session if team building was the case? I was thinking it’s something they’re going to layer into their show, hence my negative reaction. 

• Like 2

I couldn't agree more Rocket...If this wasn't a team building exercise and is part of the show...well I hope the show is far more compelling than this "Cute" video.

As much as some tire of hearing some of us complain about shows present and past...We also tire of hearing see the show first when the track record is so miserable.  The only thing worse is when those same people imply we're talking about the kids.

Edited by Phantombari1
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

I got the impression it was a recording session for part of their show rather than a team building exorcise. Why make a big deal about it being a recording session if team building was the case? I was thinking it’s something they’re going to layer into their show, hence my negative reaction. 

Exactly.  The fact that it was being recorded (using PreSonus equipment) led me to conclude that these will be sound bytes included in the field performances, played over the amplification system (probably also brought to you by PreSonus).

And yes, this video is as much about advertising PreSonus as advertising PR 2019.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

yup i think it'll be sampled and in the show

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Phantombari1 said:

I couldn't agree more Rocket...If this wasn't a team building exercise and is part of the show...well I hope the show is far more compelling than this "Cute" video.

As much as some tire of hearing some of us complain about shows present and past...We also tire of hearing see the show first when the track record is so miserable.  The only thing worse is when those same people imply we're talking about the kids.

Not sure I’d spend studio time and money on something like that-whether it’s team building or not-but that’s just me.

• Like 1

As always, I’m pulling for them to knock it out of the park this year. And, seeing as how no one has actually seen the show, writing them off now seems a bit premature. Still, I hope they aren’t trying to catch the same kind of lighting in a bottle. (I am Sparticu... um...Joan!)