Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Sideways said:

As far as I'm aware he has still not apologized for 2018....

Yes, I see what you did there & duly noted.  Their 2018 music (brass book) was a disappointment. 

Edited by keystone3ply
additional info
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kevlar496 said:

Has anybody actually seen anything from the corps so far this season? Interested to see how things are going in Macomb

 

I was wondering if they’re going to do a dress rehearsal in Stillman Valley like they used to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I was wondering if they’re going to do a dress rehearsal in Stillman Valley like they used to do. 

Has the weather there in Illinois held them back??

Their FB vids mentioned 3X/days with tornado sirens chasing them off the fields into basement shelters. That, the rains and the winds can't make visual coordination easy for any of the Midwest corps even if they don't have Mrs. Barb's barbs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Has the weather there in Illinois held them back??

Their FB vids mentioned 3X/days with tornado sirens chasing them off the fields into basement shelters. That, the rains and the winds can't make visual coordination easy for any of the Midwest corps even if they don't have Mrs. Barb's barbs.

It rains practically every day and we’ve had several bouts of severe weather.  Flooding, too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the rehearsal delays kind of makes one wonder if the midwest corps will be playing catch-up, at least early in the season. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

All the rehearsal delays kind of makes one wonder if the midwest corps will be playing catch-up, at least early in the season. 

I’ll bet they will because every thing is behind because of the weather.  They were supposed to start putting a new roof on my house 5/1 and they’re so far behind that they haven’t  started it yet. 

Edited by Terri Schehr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

All the rehearsal delays kind of makes one wonder if the midwest corps will be playing catch-up, at least early in the season. 

Over the years, there’s been posts about if such and such corps only had another week to clean, they may have scored better.  Seems like some corps have lost a day or so of total on field time do to bad weather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Their yearly bandshell concert in Rockford is set for June 11, according to the bandshell's website.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Their yearly bandshell concert in Rockford is set for June 11, according to the bandshell's website.

I hope it doesn't get rained out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Over the years, there’s been posts about if such and such corps only had another week to clean, they may have scored better.  Seems like some corps have lost a day or so of total on field time do to bad weather.

This year there are full judging panels from day one so corps need to be ready at the start of the season.  A couple of days lost to weather are built in to most corps spring training schedules.  Best I can tell no corps  has been negatively impacted by weather.  This year corps will not be able to hide their weak captions for a couple of weeks. Going to be interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.