DCI World Champs Finals - Aug 11, 2018

2 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

This panel isn’t so good for The Cavaliers. Only adding The Torch would make it worse.

I guess it doesn’t really matter since doubtful there will be much movement tonight in terms of placement 

2 minutes ago, DCI-86 said:

I guess it doesn’t really matter since doubtful there will be much movement tonight in terms of placement 

...and that’s sad.  I like to see some surprises on Finals Night.  Back when I marched we moved up a spot in Finals more than once and it’s a great feeling.

22 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

...and that’s sad.  I like to see some surprises on Finals Night.  Back when I marched we moved up a spot in Finals more than once and it’s a great feeling.

I don’t expect a surprise for first. SCV will be crowned.

Not so sure there couldn’t  be a swap for second and third. Pretty close last night.

Four through seven will probably be the same order, though I wouldn’t bet the farm on it. It could be interesting since Crown, BAC, and Cavies have always been known to turn up the heat at finals. I’m hoping a corps with fire in its show heats things up in more ways than one. BAC’s guard will probably be amazing since they are in contention for the Zingali, a bit ironic if Boston Crusaders win an award named in honor of an instructor who marched with 27th Lancers when 27th and BAC were heated rivals. Cadets were underscored last night, at least in my opinion. To me, Thursday night was all about being there, which was a major reason for the response of the crowd, last night’s response was the show itself though a gold and maroon Cadet didn’t hurt things either for those of us who are nostalgic, tonight will be a combination. I don’t expect them to clip 4-6, a close call is not out of the question. 

Eight through twelve may not change. Mandarins and PR could switch places, though Mandarins have momentum on their side.

• Like 1

My placement and score predictions of top 3 for tonight.

1. SCV (Your 2018 Drum Corps International Champion and winners of GE, Visual Analysis, Visual Proficiency, Brass, Music Analysis and Percussion.)

2. Bloo (Silver medalist and runner-up)(Could win best guard achievement if there was such an award)

3. Blue Devils (Bronze Medalist)

BAC wins the Zingali for anyone wondering why I only listed 6 captions.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

1. SCV (Your 2018 Drum Corps International Champion and winners of GE, Visual Analysis, Visual Proficiency, Brass, Music Analysis and Percussion.)

2. Bloo (Silver medalist and runner-up)(Could win best guard achievement if there was such an award)

...heard of sleep walking, but sleep typing.

8 minutes ago, whitedj2002 said:

3 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

...heard of sleep walking, but sleep typing.

Sorry I'm not getting what you saying. Could explain please? Were you referring to the placements, scores or something else? It's ok to have an opinion but I'm not understanding what you're saying.

Saddest day of the year. 

Glad I'll make it home tonight in time to watch. Hopefully.

FCO!

I don't think there will be any movement in places. Judges pretty much have it set and separated by a point in most cases. MAYBE Bluecoats will upset BD but I'd put my money on BD. I think SCV has it wrapped up. Hoping BAC wins guard and holds on to 5th.

Hoping Blue Stars somehow have a miracle and get 7th, but cheers to The Cadets on a successful season despite. 

Congrats on Mandarins for finally doing it!

Here's to another year of drum corps!

:guinesssmilie:

2 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

Sorry I'm not getting what you saying. Could explain please? Were you referring to the placements, scores or something else? It's ok to have an opinion but I'm not understanding what you're saying.

It was my attempt to "say" I see it differently. "Your dreaming" could be another way to put it. I see someone's score being higher, a different shade of Blue in placements. We shall see, on my way to breakfast and corps watching before heading to LOS. Best to everyone!

10 hours ago, whitedj2002 said:

Field Percussion will decide it.  Allan Fan here! 

Isn’t this the same percussion judging crew that nearly got run over several times in prelims, and registered whacked scores for most of the top eight? Maybe DCI had a sit down with them over the last two days and told them to get their crap together, so we don’t end up with a bunch of frustrated, cynical fans and corps directors at retreat.