DCI World Champs Finals - Aug 11, 2018

4 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Best first finals performance…ever?

1972 Kingsmen?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I heard someone on BK's staff just say, "Figure it out!"

Waiting on a go from Tony D.  Lots of triangular prisms.  

Mandarins performed in finals for the first time and gave us a show to remember. For me, last night had a bit more passion, but that could be on my part knowing it was the performance that would guarantee a finals spot. Tonight appeared more polished and was probably an overall better performance,  but this is not the last we'll hear from Mandarins.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kevingamin said:

I literally had an epiphany about Blue Knights' show during the cinecast. I get it so much now and love it even more as a result.

Care to elaborate?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Are they all working?  Five days ago in Massilon one rifle was out and that drew all attention to the one with non-working lights.

...thing is, the LED's are being defeated by the ambient stadium lighting.  MUCH more effective outside at night...

• Thanks 1

INT had a special performance while BK was on the field.

Just now, CAC303 said:

Flow has had 2 nights to figure out how to set mics properly to hear the soloist, and is failing to learn. Really disappointing.

You all need to start using Reddit. 

Here's some info from a Flo rep that was posted on the /r/drumcorps subreddit. It's talking about the prelims theater broadcast but the info is still relevant to everyone's complaints about mics

"The entire broadcast from the start of prelims to the end of finals is produced by Tom Blair’s crew, in conjunction with DCI. These are the same people that have been producing finals week streams and the DVDs for quite some time (over a decade). They’re extremely skilled at covering this activity and are the standard for what we want to see in every single stream."

"For the rest of finals week, the stream is pushed to FloMarching from Blair’s broadcast truck."

Basically, Tom Blair and crew are managing these broadcasts, Flo is merely pushing it out to all of us. So any issues with cameras, sound, mics, etc is not Flo's fault

• Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

6th in 1978.

Also Suncoast Sound 6th in 1983.

• Thanks 1

Just now, kevingamin said:

I literally had an epiphany about Blue Knights' show during the cinecast. I get it so much now and love it even more as a result.

Yes. Wasn't into it at all on Monday night. Last night I found their welcome to the Machine which is a darker stranger arrangement of a dark weird song. Had more appreciation for the sun dance too.