DCI World Champs Finals - Aug 11, 2018

9 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

The Fall and Rise is a play on the sun falling and rising to start a new day. They use the Ra sun god for the motif, but you see light and darkness everywhere in this show. During Exit Music, for example, the wedge props are set up so the light sides are facing to the left. The trombones are set up in a circular form (the sun) so it looks like their light is shining down on the wedges. To the right, the percussion (the moon) is in opposition, so that side of the props is completely dark.

The uniforms - The main look is purple and black with the blue dots. The night sky and celestial bodies you may see when looking up. When they turn back, the yellow with the Ra hieroglyphic representing the day and the sun in the sky.

Approach this show like last year, where they took a simple idea (i/eye) and expanded on it from many different perspectives. This time, the perspective is the sun and light.

Makes total sense, thanks!  Those horns ate their Wheaties this morning.

• Like 1

Ok.  Kevin and N.E. Brigand have helped me pinpoint what has nagged me about this show all year.

I get the sun fall and rise thing, I get that that can be nicely expressed with Egyptian mythos of Ra.  

But, BK puts such a modern art, abstracted, futuristic take on that theme visually, it comes off confusing to me in relation to the music.

That said, it's daring and innovative as ever in the musical writing and excellently performed.  Keep being BK!

Blue Knights

ly1OLD1.jpg

4kMT8o9.jpg

s3Bp514.jpg

7O9K8Ps.jpg

zkdvrcQ.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

What a marvelous brass SOUND BK...

and contrary to a few others...I LOVE the costuming for this show!

That was a magnificent performance! :-)

• Like 6

Next up, Blue Stars.  

1 minute ago, Sideways said:

Makes total sense, thanks!  Those horns ate their Wheaties this morning.

You can always depend on the Blue Knights hornline to bring it.

• Like 1