DCI World Champs Finals - Aug 11, 2018

3 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

And now for the moment that really gets me - The call out to 2014 with the quote in the pit and the house they build in the center of the field.

I noticed that as well!

Blue stars guard was phenomenal. Such a hard crazy book and squeaky clean. Their guard alone should keep them over BK

Edited by DCI-86

Next on the field is The Cadets from Allentown, Pennsylvania. Their 2018 program is entitled "The Unity Project" and consists of:

Opening Scene
Sensemaya
Misterioso
Demonic Thesis
Ara Batur
Ballet Sacra

• Thanks 1

Just now, kevingamin said:

Another shout out to 2014.

It wad a great show and the anniversary callouts in it were fantastic.  I don't recall the callouts earlier in this season,. Perhaps they were planned all along, but it seemed like people started saying "oh another house related show" and they just ran with it.

Alright, I can admit a beautiful performance when I see one! While it's not a show I care for, it was incredibly well written, and stunningly performed. There should be no question in anyone's mind as to why the Blue Stars are sitting in a well-deserved 8th right now, nor did they receive the slightest challenge from the strong groups below. I probably won't go back and listen to it or watch it much, but no drum corps fan should deny a stellar performance & smart design when he sees one, and Blue Stars unquestionably check both boxes. Spectacular Finals run.

• Like 2

The corps enters the stadium and the crowd shows them the love.