DCI World Champs Finals - Aug 11, 2018

On 8/11/2018 at 11:46 PM, Box5Opinion said:

Overall impression of 2018 DCI Finals! I'm so ready to go home! 

1. Santa Clara Vanguard - WOW! Music, drill, brass, percussion, guard, visual and amazing show design. Well deserved Champion! 

2. Bluecoats - Oh man, great performance tonight, the show design was amazing.

3. Boston Crusaders - Loved the guard, geez, it was a night to remember! 

4. Blue Stars - One of my favorite shows tonight! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the show!  

5. Mandarins - great performance, welcome to the club! 

That Blue Stars guard is so under-rated. Ask any other guard crew who does the most and makes it look easy...they'll say BAC and Blue Stars. 

No - It's the code showing their placement and award. ••|•|•••

The center dot is a one surrounded (guarded) by brackets, meaning 1st place guard. The 2 dots and the 3 dots are overall placement (signified by being on the ends), when you add them together you get a 5 - fifth place overall.

Am I the only one seeing the obvious! Sheesh!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 8/12/2018 at 5:00 AM, DCI-86 said:

Give it a rest. Time to move on. BAC worthy winners so congratulations to them. It’s clear that unless your group wins (BD) then you are going to complain and moan. Seasons over. Be gracious. Move on. 

NOTE: This isn't directed at you DCI-86 but to all the BD whiners and complainers about losing the Zingali.

To all the people that think that BD was even in the same ballpark as what BAC put on the field content wise in terms of the guard. You are delusional and the judges that even had them close are delusional as well. BAC did more and FAR FAR more content wise than any guard has in DCI history. All you need to do is watch the simplistic work BD did in their transition to the their final flag hit to realize they were not in the same league as BAC. The semis judge was the most right of all 3 nights. It would have been a travesty had BAC not won that award. They set a new standard in the activity for physicality and complexity that everyone else has to try to catch up to. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 8/12/2018 at 9:15 AM, wvu80 said:

Well, from my point of view with my butt in the seats, the conductor who impressed me the most waving his arms around and showing tremendous emotion and energy was the Vanguard guy standing on the podium, 30 yard line, left side.

If you sat on the right side of the 50 and disagree with my choice, that is a perfectly valid disagreement.  It's about perspective and that's mine.  :27_sunglasses:

Yeah, that was Mykal McGrew and he's an animal. 

32 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

No - It's the code showing their placement and award. ••|•|•••

The center dot is a one surrounded (guarded) by brackets, meaning 1st place guard. The 2 dots and the 3 dots are overall placement (signified by being on the ends), when you add them together you get a 5 - fifth place overall.

Am I the only one seeing the obvious! Sheesh!

That’s it. I’m naming you a definite Illuminati member. Knowing codes like this

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, ajlemm said:

As I sit here in Chicago’s glorious Midway airport, watching my plane to MSP get delayed not once, but twice, I thought it was the perfect time to say THANK YOU to all of the corps, the young people that pour their hearts into it, and the staff and volunteers who give of their time and talents to bring such a wonderful thing to us each and every summer. Every year I wonder if it’s going to be the year when I decide it isn’t worth the money or effort to get out and see a show. Like many here, I have a lot of other things that drag me in several other directions. But each year, this activity creates something new, different, and dare I say “better”? 

Hello, my name is ajlemm, and I am a drumcorpsaholic. 

Well the first step is admitting you have a problem. Hope to see you at the Annual meeting in Indy about this time next year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/12/2018 at 10:46 PM, Liahona said:

I CUED IT HERE FOR EVERYONE!!!!    Conquest is Boston's signature tune...

Family trivia:  Mom worked for Eastern Air Lines BITD and was a ticket agent in Atlanta.  Tyrone Power was at the airport waiting for a connecting flight and they let him hide from his adoring public back in the employees break room. Mom got to talk with him a little and said he was a really great guy. Or as they used to say -- "swell".

• Like 1