DCI World Champs Finals - Aug 11, 2018

30 minutes ago, KPinCAL said:

My brother in law is getting married tonight and I’m a groomsmen. WHO THE F GETS MARRIED ON FINALS NIGHT? 

“And do you, take this bride to be your..”

*PERISCOPE INTERRUPTS FOR FINALS SCORES

Based on my real life job, people got married on finals night in 2015, 2014, 2011, and 2010. Probably other years too, but those are years my Indy plans had to be changed.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Based on my real life job, people got married on finals night in 2015, 2014, 2011, and 2010. Probably other years too, but those are years my Indy plans had to be changed.

Well Padre, at one of your initial meetings with the couple you should give them the old "by the way" notice.

54 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I met my son’s future mother for the first time at Finals night in 1990...we began comparing tour notes, then realized...”wait a minute; you were the short brunette Frenchie in VK...” and “you were the skinny baritone player wearing glasses I met in the parking lot when we played to each other at the Hollywood, FL show in 1983!” 

We later agreed not to get married on Finals night.  :laughing:

Edited by TRacer
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, TRacer said:

I met my son’s future mother for the first time at Finals night in 1990...

OK...that's a nice story!  :thumbup:

Perfect for a Finals night thread.  :27_sunglasses:

27 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Dci finals lots brought to you by bottomless mimosas

If you are ever in DC, try going to this restaurant called "Barrel." The true definition of "bottomless" mimosas lol...

Edited by 2000Cadet

Please pardon this obnoxious dad moment...I cannot post a photo but this text just beeped in:

”Thanks Dad! Though we wish we were going on right *before* X-men [instead of 5 PM EST] we will have a great show! See you on FLO!”

Ok, obnoxious dad moment over. Has anyone else received texts or emails from their kids marching tonight? Post ‘em up! 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

If you are ever in DC, try going to this restaurant called "Barrel." The true definition of "bottomless" mimosas lol...

Bottomless Barrel and Bruch.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I marched with the bottomless mimosas before the cops shut us down.  

“On the field, presenting their ancient program ‘Spanish Dances’....please welcome...The Bottomless Mimosaaaaaaassss!!”

(Sounds of tons of British police car sirens outside stadium and pandemonium as the police rush in like the very ending scene to Monty Python & the Holy Grail— “ok, that’s it!”) 

• Like 1