DCI World Champs Finals - Aug 11, 2018

5 minutes ago, Toby said:

The opening moment between singer and trumpet is sultry.

Olivia.  :inlove:

Best vocalist and the best integrated into a drum corps show and concept, ever.

• Like 3

Just now, kevingamin said:

"I'm down to a roll of dimes!"

Olivia, you're an incredible vocalist. Hope you don't mind singing instead of playing mellophone like you originally auditioned to do. :D

IIRC, she was contacted by designer Michael Raiford to perform with Bloo; she did not originally intend to audition with them.

Just now, BoyWonder1911 said:

She almost makes me accept singing in drum corps. This just fits so well. And wow she does such a great job. Very cuh lass i!

She just turned, just graduated high school, had no formal jazz vocal training until she joined Bluecoats and they got her lessons. She's amazing and very humble.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The coolest moment of the night was the silence in Saro. A stadium full of people and not one cough cry or throat clearing. Hoping it is like that for all of you tonight. Truly a magical moment where everyone is in the zone

• Like 2

Just now, BoyWonder1911 said:

She almost makes me accept singing in drum corps. This just fits so well. And wow she does such a great job. Very cuh lass i!

This is what happens when a show is designed to perfectly fit the concept.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Such expressiveness in the trumpet/trombone trio. Crowd already applauding and the trumpet is still doing his ostinado. More applause when he finishes.

• Like 1

Stacks of archairs.

Mellos play this melody like they've been waiting the whole show for this moment. Just gorgeous and I'm getting the feels right now.

• Like 1

I also believe the little sequence of numbers you see on your screen are so that if you put this recording on YouTube, they can track you down and sue you.