DCI World Champs Finals - Aug 11, 2018

Cheers to ya blue knights.... your time will come to rise and shine in the top 4 some day. Then bam gold medal

Edited by theonlyfizzle

Just now, ThePlanets said:

Fixed it for ya! Me too

It's super weird.  But as I read the plot:

1.  Rite of Spring virgin is sacrificed...this is her story of what happens after that.

2. She's pulled into the afterlife, which is...nothing like her Sunday school teacher talked about...nothing at all.  So she's bewildered and shocked, (she's dressed in the freak suit at this point but blown and pushed around by the weirdness.

3.  She embraces the weirdness in discovering her own inner weirdness (true colors) because, hey, I never wanted to be a sacrificial virgin anyway, who would?  

4.  Get your freak on and celebrate keeping the afterlife weird!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Rite of spring from a solo trumpet with pit/synth hits.  Pinching a little too tight on the third iteration.

Mandarins should give us all hope and excitement for the future of this activity. They took a lot of risks and spent a lot of money to build this show. Keep this team together and this will be a regular on finals nights.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:
8 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Best first finals performance…ever?

1972 Kingsmen? 

I knew that was coming.  :lle:

I wonder if their first winning score was higher than Spirit's?  I wouldn't be surprised of SOA had a higher finals score.

Loveee this show. And any show that features Rite of Spring. It's just the perfect amount of dark sounding music 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sideways said:

Care to elaborate?

The Fall and Rise is a play on the sun falling and rising to start a new day. They use the Ra sun god for the motif, but you see light and darkness everywhere in this show. During Exit Music, for example, the wedge props are set up so the light sides are facing to the left. The trombones are set up in a circular form (the sun) so it looks like their light is shining down on the wedges. To the right, the percussion (the moon) is in opposition, so that side of the props is completely dark.

The uniforms - The main look is purple and black with the blue dots. The night sky and celestial bodies you may see when looking up. When they turn back, the yellow with the Ra hieroglyphic representing the day and the sun in the sky.

Approach this show like last year, where they took a simple idea (i/eye) and expanded on it from many different perspectives. This time, the perspective is the sun and light.

• Like 2

Big rifle feature during the high-brass feature.  A bunch of trombones line the field for later.