DCI World Champs Finals - Aug 11, 2018

Just now, Cappybara said:

Loveee this show. And any show that features Rite of Spring. It's just the perfect amount of dark sounding music 

My personal opinion? Most authentic presentation of Rite of Spring on the drum corps field to date.

• Like 5

Brass is doing a lot for this show, but I think some visual elements are just thrown in there to be there (flags in back field).  Big sabre toss on the silence.

And now some of the horn players have climbed up on the wedges, as if to get closer to the sun as it falls in the west. The guard flags depict this with the change from orange to deep red from left to right as the sun goes down.

Concert euph soloist is amazing. Plays the same lick twice, but up an octave the second time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FLBuzcut said:

Also Suncoast Sound 6th in 1983.

I loved Suncoast Sound but I did not know that.

Another power corps from an early era.

Love that Rite quote as the guard work is done on the pyramids.

6 minutes ago, kevingamin said:

I literally had an epiphany about Blue Knights' show during the cinecast. I get it so much now and love it even more as a result.

Yes. Wasn't into it at all on Monday night. Last night I found their welcome to the Machine which is a darker stranger arrangement of a dark weird song. Had more appreciation for the sun dance too.

Now the wedges are rotated to show the grayer side, another depiction of the light fading as night approaches.