DCI World Champs Finals - Aug 11, 2018

I want to be that baritone soloist when I grow up. Plays a wonderful flowing melody. Add on the trumpets on mutes, who do a great job with dynamics.

Trumpet soloist joins in. Wish I could see his face from up here. He looks like he's in love with the music when he plays.

Absolutely  :inlove: that solo...so beautiful...going to make me cry...

• Like 1

This ballad is gorgeous.  Again, the staging for it is phenomenal.  The back and forth between the trumpet and bari looks as though they are having fun with it.  They love this book they've ben given.

1 minute ago, Toby said:

The stripes on the uniforms are lost, but those shoes show really well from the box.  

The moving diamond looked really nice.  A real step up from BK.

They were a mess early season (because it's early season) but they've cleaned up well.  I thought from the start the spats and shoes made perfect sense theme wise as they're totally Caterpillar work boots.  But they're a big visual risk that will require a lot of foot cleaning.  They've done a great job with that this season.

Drum break. Some exposed shots there. Very tasty and intricate playing without overpowering.

Tempo picks up and the horns are back in.

Looking thru the binocs. Blue Stars are way too happy to be in DCI. No snarls, grimaces, no angst. 

I love it!!!

• Like 4

Low brass moment on side one is one of my favorite musical moments of the show. They sound so WARM with that tone, and the harmonies are gorgeous.