10 More Years in Indy

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Oh it’s boring alright 

You could have grown up in Mayberry and it is still boring 

Ft. Wayne ain't no Mayberry, but yeah. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

I grew up 2 1/2 hours north in Ft. Wayne.  We found Indy boring as well.  Day trips to Chicago was where it was at.

I think if there was a high-speed rail line to Chicago (and I mean 200mph), I could be accustomed to visiting there and maybe even live there.

3 hours ago, Whiskey said:

At the Friends breakfast. Dan just stated that they’ll have another 10 more years in Indy.  The city has asked them to stay for another 10.  

Dan also acknowledged the safety of members and all. 

You mean tarps? :ninja:

There's a train that runs Indy to Chicago four times a week. It gets you there in about the time it'd take to drive it.  But on the plus side, you haven't got to drive it.

Ft. Wayne has a couple train lines from the Waterloo station (about 30 min north of town) Same story on times though.  

A 200 MPH train would do Indy to Chicago in about 40-45 minutes depending on the route and any intermediate stops.  

How about Banker's Life Fieldhouse? Next year's shows would probably fit that venue perfectly if everyone follows current trends.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:08 AM, corps8294 said:

Modern drum corps shows are created for climate controlled indoor stadiums. Outdoor venues, with uneven marching and performing surfaces (natural grass), and being at the mercy of the weather gods don't vibe with the types of shows that corps are creating, currently. It makes perfect sense to keep the major shows indoors.

Of course it does.

Symphony, Ballet, Opera, Broadway Theater and Yoga classes are all conducted indoors.

MMT&YI (Marching Musical Theater & Yoga International) should be no different.

BTW, I bit the bullet and forked out $49.99 to Flo Marching for a month just so I could see what has become of DCI.

A few entertaining moments here and there, but overall, just not my thing any longer. (Especially Musically)

Slim pickings for me and what entertains me.   :tic::mat::angry::cry::omg::mad: (I did like the Mandarins show and their uniforms)   

BTW, what in holy name has taken over the leadership of the Madison Scouts? Somebody please call a real Catholic Exorcist to remove the Demons that are obviously possessing the Madison hierarchy!  

7 minutes ago, LSU GRAD 82 said:

BTW, what in holy name has taken over the leadership of the Madison Scouts? Somebody please call a real Catholic Exorcist to remove the Demons that are obviously possessing the Madison hierarchy!  

There is a whole other thread for that.  See "2018 Madison Scouts".

Overall, Indy is a great location. 

Biggest gripe is the sound in the dome. Sure would be nice if they could open the roof - weather permitting 

Additional curtains in back corners and end zones would help too. 

As for NFL stadiums, the staff at LOS are very fan friendly. This stadium is not nearly as restrictive as other NFL stadiums. 

Concession prices could e better.  They should follow Atlanta as a good example where prices are extremely reasonable. 

Sometimes I go Friday/Saturday.

Sometimes I just go Saturday.

My drive to Indy from home is 1 hour and 10 minutes. Like the friendly @mjoakes , I've seen and done a lot of the "Indy things" so that is not even a factor.

Yet I always come home exhausted and wishing I had more time to see more drum corps, see more people, make more connections and re-connections.

I guess drum corps is a different thing for different people.

• Like 1