10 More Years in Indy

10 more years without me going to finals

quite a bit of money to fly across the country for me to sit in an echo chamber

cheaper and more appealing to just go to my local live show, and then wait for the post production team in Indy for VOD and mp3 of finals. 

• Like 1

as someone who is recently well versed in stadium financing, the fact that the state of Indiana and the city of Indy financed the venue, i am sure if they are asking them to stay they are giving DCI an enormous discount on the cost of using the venue. Given the tax money the visitors are spending on hotels, food, and beverage which are extra taxed to pay for the bonds that financed the construction. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Overall, Indy is a great location. 

Additional curtains in back corners and end zones would help too.  

Concession prices could e better.  They should follow Atlanta as a good example where prices are extremely reasonable. 

2 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

About $1 Million of it probably comes from concession sales!  :hehe:  One water and some nachos was nearly $10 and those lines were long. We got wiser and brought in our own snacks and drinks the rest of the nights.  They didn't even check bags or blink an eye from our open containers of water we were bringing in.  

10 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

About $1 Million of it probably comes from concession sales!  :hehe:  One water and some nachos was nearly $10 and those lines were long. We got wiser and brought in our own snacks and drinks the rest of the nights.  They didn't even check bags or blink an eye from our open containers of water we were bringing in.  

I wish I knew which gate you entered....they searched our bags and made us throw away drinks and food....

The funny thing for me was one concession stand in the upper concourse would remove your bottle cap from your water and throw it away. Called it a safety issue.

3 minutes ago, Rileydog said:

I wish I knew which gate you entered....they searched our bags and made us throw away drinks and food....

The funny thing for me was one concession stand in the upper concourse would remove your bottle cap from your water and throw it away. Called it a safety issue.

That's usually so you can't throw a full water bottle at the field and hurt someone.  Guess they don't know DCI crowds very well.  (Or they *do* know DCI crowds well! :biggrin: )

Mike

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeN said:

That's usually so you can't throw a full water bottle at the field and hurt someone.  Guess they don't know DCI crowds very well.  (Or they *do* know DCI crowds well! :biggrin: )

Mike

LOL...true. But the next concession stand over wasn't removing any caps! It was just funny. 

2 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

I wonder how much of that is spent at Basey’s!  

I think it’s great news. Was this the biggest crowd this year?  It definitely looked like it.