10 More Years in Indy

4 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Everything on this site is fine and dandy till it's not. Been there already on other sites. Just pointing out this site could get wrapped up in something a lot bigger and this site would be a target in developing a bigger picture suit. It's the world we live in today.

Without knowing what crimes or torts you have in mind, it is impossible to know what behaviors you are cautioning against.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Your missing the point it's not what I think at all, it's the reality of posting your opinion on line, I lived it. I was in a thread on GLP about the history of a very large three letter corporation. My saving grace is I was not the OP who posted a funny using enough of their logo that crossed a liability line. They came after me for what I contributed but was able to show what I posted was truthful and was just slapped on the hand. The world all of a sudden has become a scary place, remember when this site was carefree, now you must always look over your shoulder.

i get your point entirely. and i stand by my original statement 100%

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

get your point entirely. and i stand by my original statement 100%

Thanks I get you to and I want your statement to be true

2 hours ago, ouooga said:

There's literally 11.5 million square feet of convention space between Las Vegas and Henderson (adjacent city), more than any other area in the U.S. The majority of hotel properties have at least one indoor facility that can accommodate a full corps rehearsal, and there's nearly 90  properties like that on the Strip alone.

Edit: I should probably mention that I'm one of the guys who crunches the numbers on Las Vegas tourism for a living. Being an avid drum corps person, I've done the math on this, from number of available rooms and the average cost per room/flight, and in all scenarios the cost goes down unless you live basically within driving distance from Indianapolis. I've also talked to some of the appropriate folks., from city-wide entertainment initiative people to convention facility and hotel sales people. Without a stadium, we're obviously a ways away from being able to do anything but hypothesize, but so far I've yet to find an actual hurdle.

submit a bid

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

According to 2019 judging standards, would splitting the apple on the head by a flying arrow be the GE finale the judges would reward and for the crowd to applaud?

only if it's Jeff P

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Possibly another lawsuit waiting also.

his dodging skills have improved

23 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

submit a bid

Gotta get closer to the stadium being completed. Start now, everything moves forward, we set a date, and suddenly the stadium isn't completed on schedule and we're forced to drive to Bloomington. :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, ouooga said:

Gotta get closer to the stadium being completed. Start now, everything moves forward, we set a date, and suddenly the stadium isn't completed on schedule and we're forced to drive to Bloomington. :biggrin:

yes! Outside drum corps the way God invented it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, xandandl said:

yes! Outside drum corps the way God invented it.

in nevada in august.