Boston Crusaders 2019

Flo Marching interviews one of the 2018 Boston Crusaders Color Guard Captains ( Merrily Lyons )... and before She knows where the Corps and Boston Guard would place on Finals Night. Pretty cool now in retrospect, imo.

https://www.flomarching.com/events/6180291-2018-dci-world-championships/videos?playing=6245536&limit=60

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Flo Marching interviews one of the 2018 Boston Crusaders Color Guard Captains ( Merrily Lyons )... and before She knows where the Corps and Boston Guard would place on Finals Night. Pretty cool now in retrospect, imo.

https://www.flomarching.com/events/6180291-2018-dci-world-championships/videos?playing=6245536&limit=60

Great interview.  Great member.  What's an illusion pass?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ediker said:

Great interview.  Great member.  What's an illusion pass?

I really don't know what  " an illusion pass" is. Maybe somebody here might know. I think it refers to the NY Yankees chances of catching the Boston Red Sox in the AL East before the regular season ends... but don't quote me on it.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Haha 5

You know, this morning I was listening to:   Ralph Vaughan Williams: Piano Concerto in C major and thought:  "wow... what a great piece that Boston could try to do".  The 'parts' fit nicely with the current arranging, and it is a step up from the past rep of 2016-2017.

They surely have the talent base, the excellent staff and the ability to pull it off.  I keyboard would be needed, but what an opener/closer or even ballad!   Give it a listen....  thoughts?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB72RETYua4 

Whatever 2019 brings I'm sure BAC will knock it out of the park!  (no pun intended or reference to the baseball slogan)

EAT EM'UP Boston !!! 

2 hours ago, PRPhan4ever said:

You know, this morning I was listening to:   Ralph Vaughan Williams: Piano Concerto in C major and thought:  "wow... what a great piece that Boston could try to do".  The 'parts' fit nicely with the current arranging, and it is a step up from the past rep of 2016-2017.

They surely have the talent base, the excellent staff and the ability to pull it off.  I keyboard would be needed, but what an opener/closer or even ballad!   Give it a listen....  thoughts?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB72RETYua4

Whatever 2019 brings I'm sure BAC will knock it out of the park!  (no pun intended or reference to the baseball slogan)

EAT EM'UP Boston !!! 

Nice music. I suppose whether or not such music would fit would be determined by the Theme for the show thats selected. As I'm sure you know, each Corps first selects what their Theme for the next season will be, then selects the music, visuals., props, attire, etc that they believe will best capture that new Theme they have selected. Thus, all music that might be really great, needs to be first viewed in the context on whether or not it complements the Theme and the Visuals in a" great way ".  Boston's staff has done a very good job selecting the music and arranging that music along with the Visuals for their chosen themes the last 2 seasons, since they came to Boston, imo. That said, as a standalone classical music piece I do like your choice here for a  Music composition that is probably underperformed by Drum Corps. Has it been performed before ? If so, by whom, and when, PRFan4ever ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, PRPhan4ever said:

Thanks for the post 4ever, but I can't see any corps using this in todays shows as BRASSO mentioned.  For many corps, there's not enough meat.

6 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Nice music. I suppose whether or not such music would fit would be determined by the Theme for the show thats selected. As I'm sure you know, each Corps first selects what their Theme for the next season will be, then selects the music, visuals., props, attire, etc that they believe will best capture that new Theme they have selected. Thus, all music that might be really great, needs to be first viewed in the context on whether or not it complements the Theme and the Visuals in a" great way ".  Boston's staff has done a very good job selecting the music and arranging that music along with the Visuals for their chosen themes the last 2 seasons, since they came to Boston, imo. That said, as a standalone classical music piece I do like your choice here for a  Music composition that is probably underperformed by Drum Corps. Has it been performed before ? If so, by whom, and when, PRFan4ever ?

It is my understanding that SOME corps start with the music first...but I haven't been involved in the creative process..so I'm just going by things I've heard before...

4 hours ago, Liahona said:

It is my understanding that SOME corps start with the music first...but I haven't been involved in the creative process..so I'm just going by things I've heard before...

What Corps select the music first, then decide on the Theme after they  selected the music for the show, Liahona ? I'm just curious, thats all, as I'd never heard of this done in this chronological manner in recent times. I've always thought all the Corps decided on the Theme constructs first, then selected the music to properly fit that Theme they chose afterwards. But I'm open to new information/ education re. this too.

Edited by BRASSO

12 hours ago, Liahona said:

The Cavies might have done this a few times back in the early 2000's.  At least from my memory of discussions about this from on line threads.