Boston Crusaders 2019

5 minutes ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

Here's a portion of a response on Reddit asking about weekend audition camp experiences (person went to BAC's Houston camp): "I went to the Boston Houston camp. I was very surprised as there were only about 19 people auditioning in total there, but that made me feel better since we were able to get in and out pretty quickly."

I wonder how many videos get sent to corps nowadays.  I would also think with fewer kids auditioning, staff could get a real good idea of talent.  Not having to rush kids through if there were a lot of kids.

Not sure how many times Boston has held auditions in Houston in the past , but any corps can have a low turnout at times.  Most corps say all spots are open, but the word "on the street" may be they have many vets coming back.  I'd wait for all corps to have at least three auditions to get a better read.

Edited by Ghost

Just now, Ghost said:

Not sure how many times Boston has held auditions in Houston in the past , but any corps can have a low turnout at times.  Most corps say all spots are open, but the word "on the street" may be they have many vets coming back.  I'd wait for all corps to have at least three auditions to get a batter read.

They have great turnouts in Florida.  Just saying. Love me some BAC and wishing I was seeing them in February.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

They have great turnouts in Florida.  Just saying. Love me some BAC and wishing I was seeing them in February.

Hopefully had a good turnout at PASIC this weekend.,  I get the sense they are moving fast toward next summer.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Hopefully had a good turnout at PASIC this weekend.,  I get the sense they are moving fast toward next summer.

For me knocking off five shows from their normal season number may prove to be a smart move.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Not sure how many times Boston has held auditions in Houston in the past , but any corps can have a low turnout at times.  Most corps say all spots are open, but the word "on the street" may be they have many vets coming back.  I'd wait for all corps to have at least three auditions to get a better read.

Not to fret, Ghost. Boston 's overall  auditioneer numbers.. all sections... that have registered so far to attend one of the Corps newly expanded national site locations and/ or make application thru a video submission for staff's evaluations this off season, is reportedly going exceedingly well so far.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

For me knocking off five shows from their normal season number may prove to be a smart move.

Good observation Ghost. You are astute to notice this change.. Boston will compete in 24 regular season show competitions this summer... 27 in total, counting Indy Championships. This is purposefully down 5 shows this summer from last seasons scheduled 32 and for reasons already cited by you others ( R & R, and proper spacing time to practice, and perfect the show as needed before Indy, and so forth ) BD, for just one example, has rarely had more than 30 show competitions in a season the last 10-15 years or so either. Its usually in the 26-28  total shows range as well.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

Here's a portion of a response on Reddit asking about weekend audition camp experiences (person went to BAC's Houston camp): "I went to the Boston Houston camp. I was very surprised as there were only about 19 people auditioning in total there, but that made me feel better since we were able to get in and out pretty quickly."

For anyone “worrying” about a low audition number at a satellite camp don’t. Seen the same thing with other top corps and trust me, Boston will be loaded! 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I still wish they were in Florida in February. ::pouting::

Me too !..They're going be in Texas then. We'll get to see them when they're back in Florida for the entire Corps ( Guard included ) April Camp, God willing. 

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2