Boston Crusaders 2019

55 minutes ago, PRPhan4ever said:

You know - unrelated to "this Years" show and speculated theme... I've been thinking of BAC's mission statement, their 5 yr plan and "building a champion" theory and happened to pull of my CD of the "Quo Vadis" soudtrack by Miklos Rozsa.... WOW!  What music that could fit so well w/BAC's strengths of late in Brass, CG & Drums... and, on a whim recalled my latin history where Quō vādis? is a Latin phrase meaning "Where are you marching?" It is also commonly translated as "Where are you going?" or, poetically, "Whither goest thou?".   Hmmmmm ...... I wonder if anyone in the BAC staff has ever listened to this soundtrack or even knows about the great pieces within?  IMHO Gino C., Colin and crew could turn this into a musical, visual feast!

Could you imagine putting excerpts of this on the field?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQIfLTfzk5s&list=PLNhp6FTf08LtT5mJ57UP83Yr1ai_SJFNV&index=10

Just some thoughts about music, current trends in show design, 'costuming' and staging... a perfect vehicle for Boston or no?  Any thoughts folks?

Baritone solo instead of singing though :wink:

Agreed...SO MANY opportunities for various solos in brass AND percussion. Even the chance to use some vocals.   In track #9 at min mark:  3:10 Colin McNutt and the visual crew could do wondrous things...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So who's going to be at the April camp? Knocking 2 birds out with one stone and making it a getaway weekend as well. Would be nice to see a few of you.

Ben

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, NavyCrusader said:

So who's going to be at the April camp? Knocking 2 birds out with one stone and making it a getaway weekend as well. Would be nice to see a few of you.

Ben

Check your Pm.

1 hour ago, NavyCrusader said:

32 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Check your Pm.

Congrats NC, you’ve got yourself a great host in B.  Just buy the first round and your golden!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely happy we were able to make the drive to the camp this weekend... Lots to be excited about! I wish the corps a successful move in and enjoyable summer!

• Like 8

talk to some people that were there....should be fun!

Hmmmm .......... from a FACEBOOK group it was mentioned that the rep is/may be: (no confirmation tis fact or rumor) : 

The preview show may have had:   A little Tears for Fears, Maroon 5 and Hamilton. Brass ensemble needs to be (and will be) a lot tighter. Battery kicks major ###. They will advance in placements and their incredible discipline evident in ensemble performance will get them there.

REALLY different from the preview video a month or so ago with the "Water glass and vibration" if this holds to be true.