Boston Crusaders 2019

14 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

About that though, you mention there are definitely Crown undertones with the music but I don;'t know how that might be as no music staffer, is from Crown.  

Keith Potter’s signature is evident in the many musical and visual aspects of shows he’s worked on, previously with Crown. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

top staff will always attract kids, regardless of the uniform color or corps name. And Boston has put themselves in a position to attract top staff

talent 🙂

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Hey Brassdude, I for one am envious of you getting to hear a recording of the music for this year.  I hope to soon, but it will be at ST in Castleton in about 3 weeks. What I have heard of the corps has been about the brass line and the level they are playing and the difficulty of what they are playing.  I am very excited about that.  Gino's & Ryan Georges excitement during the interviews also has me cranked.

About that though, you mention there are definitely Crown undertones with the music but I don;'t know how that might be as no music staffer, is from Crown.  Not Ryan or Gino for brass.  Percussion is also not from Crown either.  Musical staff background is Cadets and other corps.   Ryan was not from Cadets and has been with Boston for a number of years now so what he writes is Boston.  I think we will see and hear a music and visual staff hitting their stride this year with a lot of talent that can handle whatever comes their way from this instructional team.  They are a performance oriented staff.  Loved everything you said though.

What I think he was saying is the brass line is top notch on a high level...or at least that's how I read it anyway...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

top staff will always attract kids, regardless of the uniform color or corps name. And Boston money has put themselves in a position to attract top staff, 

There you go...statement fixed

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dans said:

True...along with the largest, most financially savvy BOD in the activity and a corps director who isn't a sociopath.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, craiga said:

True...along with the largest, most financially savvy BOD in the activity and a corps director who isn't a sociopath.

Doesn't change the fact that the big time staff was lured by money. And what does Hopkins have to do with this conversation?

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, dans said:

Doesn't change the fact that the big time staff was lured by money. And what does Hopkins have to do with this conversation?

The new staff doesn't have to look over their shoulders waiting to be told they have to make changes, etc.  They no longer have to deal with a micro managing director.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, dans said:

Cadets were never known as a bastion of financial responsibility, yet for years had top names. Money didn't drive staff like that away...and I am talking before Gino and Colin left. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, dans said:

For once and for all, and if you listen to ANY interviews the staff has made, it wasn't money that lured them .  Not money alone.  The freedom to create and have a more personal impact on a production and collaborate with a few other high level well respected designers and instructors is what lured them.  And money doesn't suck, because it also helped the staff to focus on the BAC product and not have any worries or concerns about augmenting pay.  This staff is treated with the utmost respect and all are appreciated by the corps leadership as well as all alums.  Lastly, Hopkins wasn't mentioned but you made a connection between sociopath and him?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dans said:

i have said it before, i'll say it again, having talked to some of those now at Boston, formerly Cadets.....money helped, but the staff was looking to make changes in their professional lives to begin with. Money isn't everything. Money PLUS an environment where you're allowed to do your thing your way is the ultimate scenario. And honestly.....the environment was far more attractive.

• Like 5