Boston Crusaders 2019

16 minutes ago, xandandl said:

At least in my remembering of the Scriptural story, Goliath got whooped.  Has Fr. Tim supplied you with a different version??? 

The written description focus in the press release seems to me to be more on David ...in his underdog role.  Its not so much about " Goliath " per se, but more on the virtues of courage, wisdom, and perseverance, and the like displayed by the young David when facing the taller, stronger, seemingly invincible Goliath.  Thats my take anyway. I have not heard Tim's take on his read of the press release. X

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I Am GOLIATH

lol

Sorry Jeff, no question you are a "giant" as far as your drum corps knowledge is concerned, but he's Goliath!

D6yemMnXkAATSiT.jpg

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

The written description focus in the press release seems to me to be more on David ...in his underdog role.  Its not so much about " Goliath " per se, but more on the virtues of courage, wisdom, and perseverance, and the like displayed by the young David when facing the taller, stronger, seemingly invincible Goliath.  Thats my take anyway. I have not heard Tim's take on his read of the press release. X

Maybe it should have been named David, but this design team seems to like three syllable show titles. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Sorry Jeff, no question you are a "giant" as far as your drum corps knowledge is concerned, but he's Goliath!

D6yemMnXkAATSiT.jpg

I AM GOLIATH!

you can be davey

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Thanks B.

The press release did not come through when I hit the link. Probably my weak strength. A Davidic approach definitely seems more drum corps appropriate.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ediker said:

Maybe it should have been named David, but this design team seems to like three syllable show titles. 

Burnt-Up was only two, Washed-Up is written as 3 syllables but said as 2.  If they stay literal to the Biblical story, does the short hand for 2019 show become Stoned?  (Good luck to all.) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I think your interpretation is on target and fits the corps well, especially when you look at the history of the corps. How many people, say 25-30 years ago thought BAC would last, and if they did somehow survive, would be as successful as they are today? 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Ediker said:

By focusing on one piece of the story, it’s more clear cut. If it was titled David, it could be far less focused. The whole story of David, from the shepherd in the field, to his bravery, loyalty, infidelity, his ability to lead his country but inability to lead his family, to becoming a wise and faithful man in later years is pretty complex. Focusing on the David v. Goliath makes more sense.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Tim K said:

By focusing on one piece of the story, it’s more clear cut. If it was titled David, it could be far less focused. The whole story of David, from the shepherd in the field, to his bravery, loyalty, infidelity, his ability to lead his country but inability to lead his family, to becoming a wise and faithful man in later years is pretty complex. Focusing on the David v. Goliath makes more sense.

Yes, no Bathsheba in 2019 DCI environment. Besides another corps already did that in '92, In the Spring at the time when Kings go off to War...

cf. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Samuel+11&version=NIV

What a wildly eclectic set of source material, some really cool stuff in there and some stuff I’ve never heard which is always fun.  Paired with a very accessible theme it should be cool.  Have loved the last two shows so I’m sure this will be great too.  

• Like 6