Boston Crusaders 2019

On 5/18/2019 at 2:32 PM, craiga said:

It's also interesting that for the very first time, the image of Waldo is neither red, white, nor black....but GOLD.   

Maybe the staff has a different message than the “G7” drill from several years back.

9 hours ago, phd-student-TTU said:

The only piece that gives me pause is the one from Rocky. Worried it’ll make the show a bit hokey. 

It may not be that they play an entire piece.  At least enough to make it hokey.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ghost said:

Maybe the staff has a different message than the “G7” drill from several years back.

very likely.  Different staff different program.   May not be trying to send a "message" at all beyond the production itself.

• Like 3

Nice promo video, BAC!

Goliath 2019

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CorpwithanS said:

Nice promo video, BAC!

Goliath 2019

now we know why DCI took the judges off the field:  sling shots.   They give "judge blockers" a whole new meaning.*

*Although I won't be surprised come Indy that Keith and Leon will have a over-life size slingshot catapult someone from the field to the box...     GE and everything.

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, xandandl said:

now we know why DCI took the judges off the field:  sling shots.   They give "judge blockers" a whole new meaning.*

*Although I won't be surprised come Indy that Keith and Leon will have a over-life size slingshot catapult someone from the field to the box...     GE and everything.

Please have good aim. 😂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, xandandl said:

And they'll break the distance record set by the Bluecoats during their ending in Tilt.

• Like 2

Wait...they're doing Giant Steps?   Hopefully they do enough to get through a full set of the key changes.  

Okay - so I've listened to, five times thus far, and as an organist/horn player I'm curious.  What is the order of the pieces they have selected this year? Anyone know yet?  MOST DEFF (IMHO) the 'Once Upon a castle', Mvt IV (if that's the mvt they are really using) should be the closer -- but who the heck am I?!?   An organist friend of mine premiered this piece for organ and made a CD (Naxos label) and I emailed him to see how he felt about hearing this as a drum corps performance and he is elated and wants to hear/see it somewhere on the east Coast (he teaches at Julliard & has quite the recital circuit schedule).

This piece (Mvt IV) would be the ULTIMATE CLOSER, especially for Gino & Colin and crew!  EAT Em' up Giants!  

Anyone know the order of pieces?

See you all 'on the road soon'!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PRPhan4ever said:

Okay - so I've listened to, five times thus far, and as an organist/horn player I'm curious.  What is the order of the pieces they have selected this year? Anyone know yet?  MOST DEFF (IMHO) the 'Once Upon a castle', Mvt IV (if that's the mvt they are really using) should be the closer -- but who the heck am I?!?   An organist friend of mine premiered this piece for organ and made a CD (Naxos label) and I emailed him to see how he felt about hearing this as a drum corps performance and he is elated and wants to hear/see it somewhere on the east Coast (he teaches at Julliard & has quite the recital circuit schedule).

This piece (Mvt IV) would be the ULTIMATE CLOSER, especially for Gino & Colin and crew!  EAT Em' up Giants!  

Anyone know the order of pieces?

See you all 'on the road soon'!

I guess we will all know in a few weeks...

:wall: