Boston Crusaders 2019

20 hours ago, DCIat14 said:

You just made my heart skip a beat @craiga :dancin:

A heart skipping a beat is a tic. 😂

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dans said:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. And I have no agenda. Simply shared my opinion based on many years of experience marching snare in drum corps. And why would a corps share content that has obvious mistakes when you're trying to build some positive hype.

Because drum corps don’t win in the court of public opinion - they win on the field with the judges.

1 hour ago, dans said:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. And I have no agenda. Simply shared my opinion based on many years of experience marching snare in drum corps. And why would a corps share content that has obvious mistakes when you're trying to build some positive hype.

I always thought the Vic Firth videos are produced to be an educational tool. Many of them are titled “Learn the Music...” etc. You know, learning, as in not yet perfected. The video BAC posted was in preparation for a Vic Firth video. Maybe it’s part of the Learn the Music series. 

Edited by Brian Tuma
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dans said:

Simply shared my opinion based on many years of experience marching snare in drum corps. why would a corps share content that has obvious mistakes when you're trying to build some positive hype.

Simply to maybe just annoy you ?  Don't let them however. The video was from the 1st few hours/ days of move ins at practice. If Corps snare lines were this perfect in May, none would need to practice. Then again, maybe as an experienced, " many years ", snare drummer, you and your former snare line were perfect and mistake free the 1st few hours/ days of move ins too..... who knows. If so, that might explain your snare line criticism/ assessment of the BAC snare line from this " lengthy and detailed " 10 second night practice video. If so I'll grant you a May Move In medal for that 10 second assessment from your computer screen, and thank you for it as well.🎖️

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Liahona said:

Tough crowd in this thread today...lol

honeslty clean standing still in May doesn't bother me because so much focus is on movement now anyway

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dans said:

Yep, the snares are ticking standing still. Not a good sign for this time of the year. 

@ 2 days into camp??? Is that all you can complain about. I've seen more ticks in mid July from Sanford winners then on my dog.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Can't wait  for more Corps vids. Looking and sounding awesome, Boston.

Craiga..OMG!

Opinions are like sphincters; everyone has one.

Passive-Aggressive-Signs-12457_300x210.g

6 hours ago, dans said:

Even the slightest negative comment triggers a violent reaction by some posters here.   Silly but that's DCP for you.  Reminds me of a quote from Jurassic Park:

QfORfPD.png

Edited by karuna
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

I always thought the Vic Firth videos are produced to be an educational tool. Many of them are titled “Learn the Music...” etc. You know, learning, as in not yet perfected. The video BAC posted was in preparation for a Vic Firth video. Maybe it’s part of the Learn the Music series. 

3 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

If you can back up your criticism, I find people on here are very willing to hear out an opposing point of view.  You can’t just pull out an opinion from thin air based upon a very early pre-tour video and not expect some blowback. Especially when that video is part of an ongoing educational series. 

There's no need to go looking for back up -- just look at some of the responses here.   

As for the "educational" aspect, it seems you are a bit confused.

The ensemble being filmed are intended to be the teachers -- not the ones "just learning".  

Anyway -- I thought @dans was making a simple observation and got crucified for it.   Not defending his opinion,  just his right to speak it without being personally attacked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1