Boston Crusaders 2019

10 minutes ago, karuna said:

There's no need to go looking for back up -- just look at some of the responses here.   

As for the "educational" aspect, it seems you are a bit confused.

The ensemble being filmed are intended to be the teachers -- not the ones "just learning".  

Anyway -- I thought @dans was making a simple observation and got crucified for it.   Not defending his opinion,  just his right to speak it without being personally attacked.

Part of the learning process is making mistakes. The day a teacher stops learning is the day they need to retire. 

4 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Part of the learning process is making mistakes. The day a teacher stops learning is the day they need to retire. 

Which of course avoids responding to your original point which was 'this is an educational video -- the students are still learning' which is utterly and completely wrong.  But hey it's all good :ninja:  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

honeslty clean standing still in May doesn't bother me because so much focus is on movement now anyway

Lots of Percussionists look and sound clean standing still. But as you correctly said, its a different ball game altogether when battery's are asked to move and play. Some can play well in unison while moving fast, others not so well.

I'm like others on this Crusaders 2019 thread... waiting for the  Percussion video and the Percussion music charts for some of the Percussion's show to be posted on Flo Marching. It should be posted soon. It was very instructional and informative when Boston posted it last May on Flo Marching, and was well received then with Flo's viewers.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

True.  I'm pretty sure the New England Patriots are not a well oiled machine in summer's training camp, with all the new players having to be integrated into the N.E. Patriots system. Lots of mistakes made there at training/ practice Camp.. of course.. (And these are Pros) . But Bill Belichick and staff roll up their sleeves, go to work to properly integrate the new players and veteran players alike, cut down on the mistakes, and voila... we all know the results of the dedicated and smart, instructional practices that took place way back when, when detractors said " The N.E. Patriots running backs look unimpressive and mistake prone here at summer camp " and " I'm a former, experienced, many years, running back " to know this too. .:bigsmile:

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I think you are being a little over-dramatic in this regard. The response looked quite tame to me. A "violent reaction"? That's a bit laughable actually. I guess it depends what lens you are looking through.

I thought so too. A tad bit over the top. The photo used in that meme is from that neo nazi rally in Charlottesville where one of the protesters plowed his car through a group of people, killing one of them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

I thought so too. A tad bit over the top. The photo used in that meme is from that neo nazi rally in Charlottesville where one of the protesters plowed his car through a group of people, killing one of them. 

It was at the top of google image search for the jurassic park quote.  

Thanks google  : -  / 

edit: I have replaced the meme pic 

Edited by karuna
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

I thought so as well. The replies on here by DCPers ( not all Boston Alums/ fans ) to a poster that stated he saw snare line mistakes in the 10 second nite video above really was pretty tame and mild, imo. Heck, even by any other social media outlet. It really was pretty tame, I thought.

Thus, to associate DCP'ers on here in a meme with a violent Neo Nazi hate group where one of the Neo Nazi's plowed his car into others, and killed one of them, sure seems to qualify as the classic " over the top, overreach " response post to me as well. Like most other DCP'ers here, I don't see that this poster is in any danger of being "persecuted ", nor in any danger of being violently murdered by an intolerant, racist, mob of DCP'ers on here for his comment. Good grief.... lol !

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Pretty sure Boston is about to have their best season ever - let’s celebrate that! 

To have healthy competition in DCI where its not always the same ol, same ol, up and down the ranks is actually quite good for both fans AND the activity itself, imo.   There's lots to be thankful for on this Memorial Day. Thankful that we can still do this thing we call " Drum Corps ", because of the  ultimate sacrifices of those who wore another uniform when they were young, and never got to enjoy nor complain beyond their young years here on this Earth. Without them, there is no guarantee any of us would be here today. I know I'm grateful for that selfless sacrifice they once made when the Nazi's and the Axis Powers threatened our Nation's very existence.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

So, of course everyone has the right of free speech, and it is a discussion group, and we all need to get thick skins...etc...etc...etc.  Here's the difference: if I see an early season video from Cadets, Crown Phantom or anyone else that looks or sounds weak, dirty or whatever I don't feel a new to comment on it publicly to establish my credentials.  Some here do.  Whatever.  Boston's ST started a week latet this year to to a later graduation at Castleton U. I just returned from spending 2 days with them and everyone is pleased.  That is all.

• Like 3