Boston Crusaders 2019

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

Concert in the park tomorrow?   Dying to hear what they’re up to.  They did a Q&A on Facebook and I could hear some very loud brass sounds in the background.  I believe they said we will also see what the corps will be wearing.  

I'm flying up there tonight to visit my fiancee--should be able to provide a firsthand account tomorrow night!

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

I just posted this blog: Goliath Awakens!

I look forward to joining everyone at Spring Fling and then catching the Community Night performance back in Castleton, VT on Monday the 17th.

• Like 1

Right On craiga!

Some seem awfully quick to judge in the forum without knowing all the facts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Russell said:

Hey everyone,

I look forward to joining everyone at Spring Fling and then catching the Community Night performance back in Castleton, VT on Monday the 17th.

Excited to hear from those who have visited camp over the past three years, that the group is getting stronger from years past, Last years corps was already the best in the modern era. Can only mean for great things this year.

Edited by Glenn426
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Concert in the park tomorrow?   Dying to hear what they’re up to.  They did a Q&A on Facebook and I could hear some very loud brass sounds in the background.  I believe they said we will also see what the corps will be wearing.  

Yes,and live- streaming at 5pm Eastern, on their facebook page.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

Right On craiga!

Some seem awfully quick to judge in the forum without knowing all the facts.

Lots of hit and diss by people who really know so little. Thanks Craiga.

1 hour ago, Kevin Russell said:

Hey everyone,

Just as an fyi.....Ron isn't the director. Chris Holland is. Ron is his assistant.

And did you receive permission to take photos of the corps during rehearsal and of any possible items to be used in the show (props)? Last thing I knew was the corps didn't mind people viewing practice, but no photos/videos/audio recordings were allowed. Sure fire way to have the corps, or any corps, decide to close rehearsals is to not respect their requests.

Edited by Barneveld
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

Just as an fyi.....Ron isn't the director. Chris Holland is. Ron is his assistant.

And did you receive permission to take photos of the corps during rehearsal and of any possible items to be used in the show (props). Last thing I knew was the corps didn't mind people viewing practice, but no photos/videos/audio recordings were allowed. Sure fire way to have the corps, or any corps, decide to close rehearsals is to not respect their requests.

Barneveld you may be right.  There were many signs posted around the stadium asking that no photos, audio or visual recordings be made.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, craiga said:

So, a few words in defense of myself with regard to hype or not.  When I spent time with BAC at move ins in 2017, I posted on DCP that they were so good I could see them coming in 6th or 7th.  The collective wisdom here was that "no way...they came in 12th last August...etc".  Boston finished 6th in 2017.

When I visited last year, my reactions from the 2018 move in were that they might be as high as 4th or 5th.  This time, more people found that to be believable.  Boston finished 5th.

It is not hype to say that the 2019 edition of BAC is by far the best.  Everything from the design of the program, to the props, to the level of the amazing guard and drum line, and yes..you heard right....this is unquestionably the best hornline ever to come out of Boston.  Hopefully, videos of tomorrow night's concert in the park will be enlightening.  And WAIT until you guys see the uniforms...

One last thing....somebody on here last week referred to me as a fair weather fan of BAC.  For the record, I marched in this drum corps in 1980 as part of a 28 man hornline.  I taught the corps for 8 years, including 1983 with 19 horns and a total corps membership of 51 (yeah...we took one bus to Miami).  I have been around the corps in various capacities for 40 years.  This year, my considered opinion is that they might very well win in Detroit and go on to medal in Indy.  You're darned right that I am excited for these kids and this organization.   Some may call this hype.  I consider it the chickens coming home to roost after 79 years.

craiga you've supported the corps in good times and bad (and lord knows there's been plenty of bad times over the last 79 years). And your love for the corps has never wavered. seems like the complete opposite of a fair-weather fan to me. Obviously the person who made that comment has NO clue.

• Like 5