Boston Crusaders 2019

There seems to be a lot of power and grit in the show musically. The herald trumpet and trombone moment will be killer no matter where it is staged. I will wait and see it live, but for now the voice overs and the use of Rocky theme seems kinda forced. Don't care for the ballad at all. It seems to not take advantage of the talent in the horn line and just doesn't go any where emotionally. The other moments I am iffy about musically do not near match my concern for the ballad. While I get the context of the name of the song, "Everybody Wants to Rule The World", the tune itself  leaves me flat and I don't think it has enough melodic or harmonic content to make much out of it. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, mirrormen said:

There seems to be a lot of power and grit in the show musically. The herald trumpet and trombone moment will be killer no matter where it is staged. I will wait and see it live, but for now the voice overs and the use of Rocky theme seems kinda forced. Don't care for the ballad at all. It seems to not take advantage of the talent in the horn line and just doesn't go any where emotionally. The other moments I am iffy about musically do not near match my concern for the ballad. While I get the context of the name of the song, "Everybody Wants to Rule The World", the tune itself  leaves me flat and I don't think it has enough melodic or harmonic content to make much out of it. 

Agree regarding the ballad. It needs to prove itself on the field, but there should be readiness to overhaul it, if necessary. In this standstill, it felt brief and easily missed compared to the other music. Wicked Games had a great ballad.  SOS’s was good, but a bit late and brief. Boston has no shortage of the hard driving moments. The right ballad, done well, will be crucial to balancing the emotional impact and the show’s overall success. 

2 hours ago, Ediker said:

Agree regarding the ballad. It needs to prove itself on the field, but there should be readiness to overhaul it, if necessary. In this standstill, it felt brief and easily missed compared to the other music. Wicked Games had a great ballad.  SOS’s was good, but a bit late and brief. Boston has no shortage of the hard driving moments. The right ballad, done well, will be crucial to balancing the emotional impact and the show’s overall success. 

Same here. With so many great choices out there . . .  The words/title of the tune bring zero emotional value.

• Like 1

Everyone's opinion is valid, but I have the advantage of seeing the ballad in context with the visual package.  I am supremely confidant you guys will find it a great moment on the field. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, craiga said:

Everyone's opinion is valid, but I have the advantage of seeing the ballad in context with the visual package.  I am supremely confidant you guys will find it a great moment on the field. 

I would venture to say that the Voice-overs allows for character work from the Hornline/ Guard that wouldn't be possible if the Hornline was playing, All the while adding to the overall effect of the show.

14 hours ago, brassdude6171 said:

as far as i'm concerned, this show is medal-ing.

when i read Medal-ing my brain shifts to meddling , I think it has to do with the past couple of news cycle years. 

I'm like are they meddling with DCI pre slotting notions. :spitting:

Edited by E3D
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Minimaster said:

But of course when the only record of the events, the people, and the governments involved is the freaking bible, who knows if any of them actually existed in the first place. It most likely all just a made up story.

I will 🙏 for ya friend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2