Boston Crusaders 2019

22 hours ago, karuna said:

Inferring is akin to assuming and you know what they say about that.  It’s a crap shoot as to who brings the music for a given production.  Heck sometimes even the drummers have a good idea!

Inference and assumption are very different things.  Let’s just agree to agree...or not.

26 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Inference and assumption are very different things.  Let’s just agree to agree...or not.

"akin to" is not equivalency.   it simply suggests a relationship.

you jumped to a faulty conclusion by including an assumption in your inference.  

this is an extremely common error.   

anyway this is diverging far off topic.  

Edited by karuna

20 hours ago, MikeN said:

Listened to the recording this morning for the first time.  It's ... not at all what I expected.  For such a "classical" type theme, I expected much more fire and thunder, more like an operatic / Phantom type show.  Instead, the music is quirky, modern... and fantastic!  Can't even say *why* it's so grab-you-and-don't-let-go, but it is.  And what they bring that is unique against the rest of the top 5 is *speed*.  Man, a great deal of this show is pushing the tempos.  Can't wait to see this one in motion!

Mike

I agree. I just listened to the park concert video, and WOW am I blown away with the music! I will also say that their brass and percussion sound AMAZING! They could well be in the hunt for top 3 in those two captions. And I am sure their guard will be excellent once again.  Difficult to do, for sure, but possible with their talent and quality of music book. Not sure how the visual side will turn out, but this show should be a musical feast for fans.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, karuna said:

"akin to" is not equivalency.   it simply suggests a relationship.

you jumped to a faulty conclusion by including an assumption in your inference.  

this is an extremely common error.   

anyway this is diverging far off topic.  

So stop then!

Well I told myself I wasn't going to get back on here until the season started, but I just have to say that I was blown away from the concert in the park recording! This group sounds INCREDIBLE. Can't wait for the season to start and look forward to seeing what this group accomplishes!

• Like 7