Boston Crusaders 2019

7 minutes ago, crownisking said:

A few individuals may have gone too far with some of the things said but please don’t “demonize” the entire Crown fan base because most of us have been plenty supportive of BAC. I rarely even defend Crown anymore for fear of being labeled a homer but I could do without the animosity thrown our way. To be perfectly clear, no, I don’t like the way the whole situation went down but it’s never stopped me from cheering on BAC or going to their rehearsals when they come to town. I’m sure most other Crown supporters feel the same way. At the end of the day, most of us are fans of the activity first. 

Agreed, and edited my post to clarify.  Never meant to imply that all fans of Crown or Cadets think like the several who posted their criticisms here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

But the Big three kept the C's to only one championship during the Garnett, Pierce, Rondo era so it evens out a little bit.. 

But the previous Big Three did better.  Bird, Parish, and McHale.  I won't bore you with the various Big Three/Five combinations back in the 50's, 60's, and 70's.

Edited by Ghost

4 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Tell me why Boston fans are so ridiculously defensive on DCP? Good lord. 

Bitter over what exactly? 

Generalizations are kind of weak and cheesy. Cheers.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cappybara said:

poppycock :hehe:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well I’d personally put the Boston fan base in the DCI top five 

Most I’ve encountered throughout the decades and recently have been fun, fair and realistic 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I am a fan, and I marched. That does give my takes/posts an edge no doubt. I thought your "enlightened" opinion on cheese was taking a shot. So I took my shot with an "enlightened" opinion of your post - specifically your cheese. obviously YMV. 

1 hour ago, craiga said:

I can think of at least 4 times where the drum corps was virtually days away from folding but did not.  (1957, 1973, 1983, 1998) 

I was not aware of such a situation in 1998.  What happened, and how did they recover so effectively?