Boston Crusaders 2019

2 hours ago, Navy Crusader said:

Definitely 99 my friend... Glad to see you around!

Thank you Ben.  Full house and a standing ovation for BAC in Castleton. Huge crowd from the town at the football stadium. Did the show in full uniform.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, bluehull said:

Full house and a standing ovation for BAC in Castleton. Huge crowd from the town at the football stadium. Did the show in full uniform.

Glad to hear it.  Thought there might be more DCPers posting their commentary.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tim K said:

Full disclosure: I am a Boston Crusaders fan, and I have lived in the Boston area my entire life. My Boston accent is thick and people are surprised when they hear me that I grew up in a suburb and not Southie or Dorchester. I can not live without clam chowder and there is no reason to put New England in front of it because Manhattan clam chowder is not clam chowder. My favorite vacation spot is the Cape, and there is no need to put Cod after it, and a great day trip is Gloucester. Add to the mix I am Irish, very, very Irish.  I love Italian food and good pizza, and I love the ethnic diversity that is such a part of Boston today.  My Boston credentials are pretty solid. 

What you call defensive we call passion, whether it involves the Red Sox, Patriots, Bruins, Celtics, the cultural attractions, the educational institutions, or the wonderful people. We may fight among ourselves, but no one else better say anything. This applies to drum corps and a Boston Crusaders as well. 

So.. you're defensive. Got it. 

PS, Im no fan of any corps which Boston has hired staff from, I simply do not care about those petty wars that you all have been having on DCP the past year or so. 

By the way, I don't mean any hostility (though I do find the hounding of my comment amusing). I just call a spade a spade. It is a symptom of our current society to use the buzzword of "passion" to cover for our character. 

Edited by Cappybara

On 6/16/2019 at 6:37 PM, Tim K said:

Given how hot it was at East Coast and how rainy it was for CYO, you did a very good deed! Even if the weather cooperated, you did would be doing a good deed. Hopefully this season, the temperature and rains not be a bother, and you’ll hear “Conquest” multiple times!

I heard it tonight at Castleton Community Night.

The CYO storm is unforgettable.  I had the honor of herding the kids (4 corps) into the school gym.

Saw the performance tonight and the Corps will definitely be knocking on the door for the fourth and hopefully the third spot. Everyone knows this won't be easy, but I firmly believe Boston will take down one of the heavyweights by Allentown August 3rd. The guard will be as good as last year, the horn line talent and book is far superior from last year.  Someone else can comment on their drums, not my forte. Looking forward to seeing them go up against Bluecoats and Crown, not something I would have said 3 years ago. It is an upfront, in your face show. The staging is brilliant and the horn line is up front numerous times. Will please both the casual fan and longtime followers. Looking forward to Thursday night.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, E3D said:

I am a fan, and I marched. That does give my takes/posts an edge no doubt. I thought your "enlightened" opinion on cheese was taking a shot. So I took my shot with an "enlightened" opinion of your post - specifically your cheese. obviously YMV. 

Ok

1 hour ago, bluehull said:

Yes, i agree. A shout out to the Braddock H.S. kids that rounded up a gang . Also Tom Santino. Will not forget seeing 70 horn players at the Davie Middle School when I pulled the equipment trailer into the lot in January .Memory is slipping, but think it was 1998. It was a good day for BAC

The first camp in Florida was at the Indian Ridge Middle School in Davie Florida. And it began on January 2, 1999.

For that first camp, we couldn't afford to bring the trailer down from Boston So we borrowed equipment from Spirit. You drove a pickup truck down loaded with admin and kitchen supplies. A few other members of the admin team drove down in a second vehicle.

Anyway, back to the 2019 edition of the corps! Eat 'em up Boston!!

Edited by Barneveld
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, nysader said:

The staging is brilliant and the horn line is up front numerous times. Will please both the casual fan and longtime followers. Looking forward to Thursday night.

Thanks for your report!  What did you observe about the brass and field coverage (i.e did they utilize most of the field)?  

4 minutes ago, Ediker said:

Thanks for your report!  What did you observe about the brass and field coverage (i.e did they utilize most of the field)?  

Not as much as last year from what I saw, but the video angle wasn't good.  The brass disappeared from the right side of the video for awhile.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

Not as much as last year from what I saw, but the video angle wasn't good.  The brass disappeared from the right side of the video for awhile.

We may have seen the same one.  Things appeared compressed field right, with little action field left.