Boston Crusaders 2019

Looked like they utilized the whole field. Props are used tastefully, they added to the production, didn't overwhelm it. Color guard had group features, and also were interspersed inside the horn structures. I don't think the horn line played back field once, they are staged perfectly. I really think the talk after Thursday night will be how the horn line talent has risen. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ediker said:

We may have seen the same one.  Things appeared compressed field right, with little action field left.  

S.O.S. covered end zone to end zone which was ideal for that show.  Thursday will give a better feel for this years show for those who haven't visited ST.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Tell me why Boston fans are so ridiculously defensive on DCP? Good lord. 

Bitter over what exactly? 

I don't think they are defensive - perhaps overzealous, but I don't see it as defensive. People clamoring about them knocking on the door of the top 3 need to remember three things:

1. It was a standstill video. Everyone sounds good standing still.

2. It's going to be a hell of a lot harder to move from 5th to 4th than it was to move from 12th to 6th, much less moving to 3rd.

3. Last year, they were not on the same playing field as the top 3. After SCV, they had my favorite show, but it was not, from a design or execution standpoint in the same league as the top 3.

I do love that Boston surged from 2016 to 2017. That stuff is so rare and so exciting. I also think they had fantastic shows in both 2017 and 2018. I also have no doubt the 2019 corps will be better than the 2018 corps, but you have to realize it takes years to break into that top 3. SCV started putting the right pieces in place in 2008 and didn't break the top 3 until 2017, even though they were 4th in 2013, 2014 and 2016. Bluecoats were 4th in 2006 and didn't break into the top 3 until 2010, then got knocked out immediately and didn't break back in until 2014. Cavaliers hit the skids in 2012, broke back into the top 4 in 2017, then fell to 6th last year. Crown broke into the top 4 in 2008 and didn't win until 2013. It's never ever ever ever smooth sailing. We are likely to see Boston drop a place or two before we see them break into the top 3. Sometimes you have to take a step backwards to take a giant leap forwards.

With that said, I loved what I heard and am really excited for this season. 

Edited by queenanne_1536

3 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Sometimes you have to take a step backwards to take a giant leap forwards.

Hasn't Boston already taken a giant leap forward to 5th for the third time?  The organization's goal is to keep moving forward this time.

4 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I don't think they are defensive - perhaps overzealous, but I don't see it as defensive. People clamoring about them knocking on the door of the top 3 need to remember three things:

1. It was a standstill video. Everyone sounds good standing still.

2. It's going to be a hell of a lot harder to move from 5th to 4th than it was to move from 12th to 6th, much less moving to 3rd.

3. Last year, they were not on the same playing field as the top 3. After SCV, they had my favorite show, but it was not, from a design or execution standpoint in the same league as the top 3.

I do love that Boston surged from 2016 to 2017. That stuff is so rare and so exciting. I also think they had fantastic shows in both 2017 and 2018. I also have no doubt the 2019 corps will be better than the 2018 corps, but you have to realize it takes years to break into that top 3. SCV started putting the right pieces in place in 2008 and didn't break the top 3 until 2017, even though they were 4th in 2013, 2014 and 2016. Bluecoats were 4th in 2006 and didn't break into the top 3 until 2010, then got knocked out immediately and didn't break back in until 2014. Cavaliers hit the skids in 2012, broke back into the top 4 in 2017, then fell to 6th last year. Crown broke into the top 4 in 2008 and didn't win until 2013. It's never ever ever ever smooth sailing. We are likely to see Boston drop a place or two before we see them break into the top 3. Sometimes you have to take a step backwards to take a giant leap forwards.

With that said, I loved what I heard and am really excited for this season. 

I think you're overthinking it. I myself predict Boston to place 3rd this year. The show, from what I've heard and seen, seems to be an excellent vehicle for success. 

But it is also cheesy as heck, and that's just my opinion. If people want to get offended over that then fine, but don't hide behind the guise of "passion"

Just now, Ghost said:

Hasn't Boston already taken a giant leap forward to 5th for the third time?  The organization's goal is to keep moving forward this time.

Not really. They were 5th in 2000 and 2002 (tied with Regiment). 2002-2017 is a loooooong time in between top 5 finishes. So much so, that their first two 5th place finishes are irrelevant to today. 

Now, I do think 2018 was the best show they have ever had, so that is what's more telling.

Every organization's goal is to keep moving forward. Everyone cannot move forward. Even BD.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I think you're overthinking it. I myself predict Boston to place 3rd this year. The show, from what I've heard and seen, seems to be an excellent vehicle for success. 

But it is also cheesy as heck, and that's just my opinion. If people want to get offended over that then fine, but don't hide behind the guise of "passion"

I don't think I'm overthinking it. I think people on this forum tend to under think things and just don't realize how moving from 5th to 3rd is a momentously greater challenge than 12th to 6th was, or 6th to 5th was. When you're moving from 12th to 6th, every corps in your path have more than one weakness. BD and SCV have none, and Bluecoats didn't have many last year.  Sometimes people don't seem to realize just how long it takes to build a top 3 program. It's not 2 or 3 seasons. It's many many seasons, if not a decade or more (I don't think it will take BAC a decade to get to the top 3, but I don't think it's going to be this year).

I've heard BAC's show, not seen it. I personally think BAC is going to finish 5th or 6th. You can find a post about every corps this year saying something to the effect of "from what I've heard and seen, seems to be an excellent vehicle for success."

I've seen BD and Crown. I think BD and SCV will certainly be in the top 3, and I'd put my money on Crown joining them.

Edited by queenanne_1536

1 minute ago, nysader said:

Looked like they utilized the whole field. Props are used tastefully, they added to the production, didn't overwhelm it. Color guard had group features, and also were interspersed inside the horn structures. I don't think the horn line played back field once, they are staged perfectly. I really think the talk after Thursday night will be how the horn line talent has risen. 

The guard content is INCREDIBLE.  Brass is definitely up 1.5 notches. Thanks for the report.  

Welp, This show is Such a kick to the nuts, Its insane!!! Just unrelenting power and energy from the corps.

And Honestly as strong and as powerful as the Soundtrack is, The guard is visually there accenting every single moment connecting the Audio to the Visual in a very powerful way. The guard is more exposed, with a seemingly harder book that is being done fairly well for this time of year and they are without a doubt setting the standard for the activity yet again..

The Shot- Rocky section is just so much energy, Drumline staged right up front giving you a very mission viejo hip-hop feature vibe. Immediately followed by a nice Tuba feature, then the Herald Trumpets and Bones.. What I would give to be one of those Trombones during the FFFF Glissando hit, 

Strong staging of all the elements throughout. Hornline visuals are filled in throughout and looking very clean and readable.

Ballad has 20-10 yard line field coverage and the ballad hit has a Crossman-esque diamond block flag hit which is very well performed.. 

Closer has some Inspired Drill moments and just still full energy here, Drill demand is high and still being performed well by the hornline.

The demand is there, The hornline is playing the hell out of this show, The Guard just begs to be watched the whole show and they just keep delivering moment after moment. The drumline has some wicked demand and they are in your face... 

They are bringing it.... Cant wait to see them in August.. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Maybe the show is ridiculously cheesy and  we are ridiculously passionate!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2