Boston Crusaders 2019

7 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I don't think I'm overthinking it. I think people on this forum tend to under think things and just don't realize how moving from 5th to 3rd is a momentously greater challenge than 12th to 6th was, or 6th to 5th was. Or just how long it takes to build a top 3 program. It's not 2 or 3 seasons. It's many many seasons, if not a decade or more.

Now placements are a complex thing in that a corps can themselves get better from year to year but there are other corps around them that they themselves have a better show, or have better talent etc..,

But in just comparing this years BAC to their own show last year.. It is a significant jump in what is being asked from the hornline in all aspects of their show. And they are also achieving are at significantly higher level as well. The guard because of the better show seemingly have even more exposure and they are sure as hell going to get credit for it. You combine those things along with a stronger show with more meat on the bones, with more chances to perform, and this Corps has made significant enough improvements to warrant a jump into the Elite level in this activity.

Now this doesn't automatically means that they jump into top 3, because Bluecoats, Crown, and SCV may have maintained or elevated their own content and achievement to stay ahead, but what it absolutely means is that in comparing the top corps in this activity, BAC now has the vehicle to go toe-to-toe with the best of them and say My Apples taste just as good as their Oranges. Mister GE MUSIC Judge Which do you prefer? My Apples or their oranges?

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

Now placements are a complex thing in that a corps can themselves get better from year to year but there are other corps around them that they themselves have a better show, or have better talent etc..,

But in just comparing this years BAC to their own show last year.. It is a significant jump in what is being asked from the hornline in all aspects of their show. And they are also achieving are at significantly higher level as well. The guard because of the better show seemingly have even more exposure and they are sure as hell going to get credit for it. You combine those things along with a stronger show with more meat on the bones, with more chances to perform, and this Corps has made significant enough improvements to warrant a jump into the Elite level in this activity.

Now this doesn't automatically means that they jump into top 3, because Bluecoats, Crown, and SCV may have maintained or elevated their own content and achievement to stay ahead, but what it absolutely means is that in comparing the top corps in this activity, BAC now has the vehicle to go toe-to-toe with the best of them and say My Apples taste just as good as their Oranges. Mister GE MUSIC Judge Which do you prefer? My Apples or their oranges?

We'll see. But, comparing this years BAC show to their own show last year isn't enough. Compare it to the top 3 last year. Go the Cavies, Crown, Cadets, and Blue Stars thread. According to posts there, they all are also at a significantly higher level as well. They are all also going to move up in the rankings. Someone is wrong or many are wrong. Not everyone is going to move up. Not every one is going to be better than last year. I happen to agree with what's being said about Crown. Their show is exponentially better than last year. I also do think BAC will be better than last year, but I don't think they will break into the top 3.

Hearing and seeing one show (BAC) as a standalone isn't enough either. In 2015, the first show I saw live was Regiment's. I went to their afternoon ensemble during the day of the Stanford show. I thought the hornline was absolutely fantastic. I thought they played with such clarity, beauty and power. After they performed at the show that night, I again thought they were fantastic. Then Vanguard performed and I learned fantastic was relative. Then BD came out and performed and redefined fantastic. 

BAC won guard last year, which is great, but they were mostly 5th and 6th in almost all other captions. It's going to take placing top 3 in a majority of the captions to get there. Last year's top 3 were so significantly better than anyone below them, that the stars going to to have to align perfectly for BAC to get there. I think people should focus on the progress they are making rather than their placement.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

I don't know the answer to your question. In previous years, they had their housing info posted on their website under a tour info link/tab.

Thanks! I see they will be in Harrison Twp. Still close by.

5 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

We'll see. But, comparing this years BAC show to their own show last year isn't enough. Compare it to the top 3 last year. Go the Cavies, Crown, Cadets, and Blue Stars thread. According to posts there, they all are also at a significantly higher level as well. They are all also going to move up in the rankings. Someone is wrong or many are wrong. Not everyone is going to move up. Not every one is going to be better than last year. I happen to agree with what's being said about Crown. Their show is exponentially better than last year. I also do think BAC will be better than last year, but I don't think they will break into the top 3.

Hearing and seeing one show (BAC) as a standalone isn't enough either. In 2015, the first show I saw live was Regiment's. I went to their afternoon ensemble during the day of the Stanford show. I thought the hornline was absolutely fantastic. I thought they played with such clarity, beauty and power. After they performed at the show that night, I again thought they were fantastic. Then Vanguard performed and I learned fantastic was relative. Then BD came out and performed and redefined fantastic. 

BAC won guard last year, which is great, but they were mostly 5th and 6th in almost all other captions. It's going to take placing top 3 in a majority of the captions to get there. Last year's top 3 were so significantly better than anyone below them, that the stars going to to have to align perfectly for BAC to get there. I think people should focus on the progress they are making rather than their placement.

Keep it up.  As if Boston didn't need even more motivation....

• Like 4

Isn't it funny how the Boston haters come crawling out of the woodwork to say how "easy" it was for BAC to go from 12th to 6th in 2017....these were the very same folks who at this juncture in 17 said such a climb would be IMPOSSIBLE.   Seriously guys...keep it up! Keep telling the members, staff and mgt of the Boston Crusaders how there is a glass ceiling and they can't possibly get past two more corps....you guys are just feeding the Lion.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Barneveld said:

The first camp in Florida was at the Indian Ridge Middle School in Davie Florida. And it began on January 2, 1999.

For that first camp, we couldn't afford to bring the trailer down from Boston So we borrowed equipment from Spirit. You drove a pickup truck down loaded with admin and kitchen supplies. A few other members of the admin team drove down in a second vehicle.

Anyway, back to the 2019 edition of the corps! Eat 'em up Boston!!

So you know it all. Ya it was the Indian Ridge School ( in Davie, Fla)

The pickup truck was the 202 , a 10 wheel tractor rented from. J&B International in Burlington, Vermont. Pulling a 48 ft. Trailer,.it made 10 more trips over two years. I drove eight of them. I don't really know you, but you seem to say a lot. I'll be driving into Lawrence in a few days. Tell me more.

7 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

It's going to be a hell of a lot harder to move from 5th to 4th than it was to move from 12th to 6th, much less moving to 3rd.

If jumping from 12th to 6th is easier, how come it has only been done once during the lifespan of any current MMs?

Compared to that, 5th to 3rd (or better) is no big thing.  Bluecoats have done it 3 times in that same time frame.  Cadets, also 3 times.  Phantom Regiment twice.  Carolina Crown once.  Vanguard once.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1