Boston Crusaders 2019

20 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Everyone is motivated. Everyone wants to be better. According to people on every single thread, every single is better this year. Everyone is going to move up. Not everyone's right. Boston might move up, they might not. People were saying they were going to medal on the 2018 BAC thread too. It didn't happen. It's not easy. Not when SCV and BD are very likely to claim two of those three spots.

Absolutely everyone wants to be better and everyone is better.  Everyone is going for the gold and each one will win it.  LOL.  I know what you are saying though.  The reasoning behind my thinking Boston will move up is that the new staff took a good group from 12th to 6th.  It was supposed to be impossible, it could never happen.  Now people are claiming it is easier to go from 12 to 6.  But it comes across as if it was easy.  We know it is not and was not.  It was deserved.  Moving from 6 to 5 was hard but not as hard as going from 5 to 3.  That is supposed to be exceptionally hard.  Almost exponentially hard. However the move from 6 to 5 was achieved by an improved talent pool (brass was getting cut kids form other competitors) and a step up in show design and complexity to match the talent.  The in-season layering was well planned and implemented. (which is what all the top tier corps do and do well).  What this tells me is this staff knows exactly what they are doing and they are well aware of what is required to compete at the very top level.  The talent pool took a big jump this year especially in brass.  My understanding is some vets did not make it back this year.  Percussion writing also stepped it up and the guard talent, believe it or not, has gotten better, and is the cream of the WGI crop.  The staff with this group of kids have taken that next carefully planned step forward.  So I look at what the staff is working with, what I have heard for their musical book and comparing it to last years BAC, I see no reason to think they will stay in place or slip back.  I am predicting 3rd.  I think it is not out of reach.  If I am wrong I am wrong.  I can't pick winning lottery numbers either.  First indication of where BAC is with their competition is only 2 days away.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, craiga said:

Enjoy the show.

Oh, I will. Like I said, they had my 2nd favorite show in 2018, and 2017 was one of my favorites, too. It's going to be a fun season.

• Like 1

Interview posted today!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, craiga said:

I exchanged msgs with several corps members during the early part of their ride to PA a couple nights ago.  Each one said morale is through the roof, they feel like they had a great spring training in Castleton, and they LOVE the new uniforms.  They are excited for Detroit and can't wait to "throw down" as one of the drummers put it.  Tomorrow night, Win, Place,  or Show, is another step in the progression of the organization.  I visited Vermont twice, and I was moved by the quiet confidence of Chris, Gino and Colin in particular.  I'm sure the rest of the design team feels the same.  I am proud of all the members and staff and am counting down the hours til tomorrow night's show. 

One other thing...there has been some not so subtle gnashing of teeth by some folks in reaction to what they consider to be HYPE coming out of Boston.  For anyone who has been to Castleton in the past month, we know there is substance behind the enthusiasm.  For anyone who hasn't seen the entire show yet, this is the Boston Crusaders we having been dreaming about for decades.  Eat'em up, Boston!

#CorpsWeLove

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

#CorpsWeLove

••|•|••• ♥ Ro-ah ~

• Like 2

Tomorrow is Piggly Wiggly day!!!

• Like 5