Boston Crusaders 2019

Every caption in DCI has a handful of instructors that are THE gold standard in their caption. Losing one of these instructors for whatever reason is always a rough thing for a corps to deal with and most all corps will experience a “drop” in that caption after that loss.

Gino is one of these kinds of instructors. The horn lines he’s touched have always had a certain power and confidence about them, not to mention they’re always just pretty dang good. I’ll always be looking forward to seeing Boston as long as Gino runs that brass caption, even if that means Crown has to work that much harder to get that Ott back in Carolina.

• Like 4

Any of the guys who have been with Boston care to share as much history as they can with me? I love hearing these stories and makes me even prouder to be a Crusader. 

Hype or excitement? Isn't this the Boston Crusader 2019 thread? I  for one appreciate the support from our supporters.

As I  enter my 41st consecutive year with the corps I am very excited and confident. 

I look forward to watching the kids, going crazy and supporting as best I can.

2019 should be the best edition of the Boston Crusaders to date.

Eat Em up!

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, SuperSaderFan said:

As I  enter my 41st consecutive year with the corps I am very excited and confident. 

That's some incredible devotion. Congratulations & thanks from a fairly recently renewed Boston fan. 

On 6/17/2019 at 3:41 PM, Barneveld said:

I can tell you that the 1998 season was a rough one, financially. Following that season, meeting(s) were held in an attempt to come up with a viable fix. The options discussed did not bode well for the future of the corps. Thankfully, the BOD along with some very dedicated alumni decided (and I quote) "We weren't ready to let this die."

It has taken alot of hard work the last 20 years. In looking back, I think  the best move made was the establishment/formation of Inspire Arts & Music as the "parent" organization of the Boston Crusaders. and the creation of and actually following sound business practices and procedures.

Regarding the Florida connection........ the infusion of talent (both staff & members) from Florida really began in the 1998 season, with the hiring of Tom Santino. Howard was brought in for the '99 season to run the "on-field" product. I believe the others that Glenn426 mentioned arrived for the 2000 or 2001 season.

Having been involved for going on 33 seasons, I know of no one who does not attribute at least some of the corps success to the connections made with Florida.

Excited for the 2019 drum corps season to begin!! 

You mentioned Howard, is this Drum Line Howard? If so he was around as early as 1988 and after that. Chris H. was marching then along with some of the BOD and influential alumni. 

I had a few friends that marched different corps - those corps have since folded (sky riders - suncoast sound). They would tell me one of the huge differences in their experience's and mine was that when someone marched with Boston they were given the full History and traditions of the corps from the veterans. That type of tradition and the passing down of the traditions- history is what made them tight and gave them the survival instinct. 

On 6/18/2019 at 7:32 AM, craiga said:

You guys actually already know each other!!!  🙂

Hey don't let them know that! It is nice to read the details. :lol:

On 6/18/2019 at 10:18 AM, queenanne_1536 said:

Everyone is motivated. Everyone wants to be better. According to people on every single thread, every single is better this year. Everyone is going to move up. Not everyone's right. Boston might move up, they might not. People were saying they were going to medal on the 2018 BAC thread too. It didn't happen. It's not easy. Not when SCV and BD are very likely to claim two of those three spots.

Cheers to ya.

Edited by E3D

Take NO Prisoners, BAC!

Eat 'em Up, Boston!

••|•|•••