Boston Crusaders 2019

2 hours ago, BWise said:

Yeah .. you do what you do best. But literally. It is CrownGuard .. maybe I’m bitter because Crown is having to re-build their guard ... we shall see .. interesting season coming up .. 

It is NOT CrownGuard.  It is Boston’s Guard.  These kids have/had little if anything at all to do with Crown.  These are talented kids from a variety of places in DCI and WGI.  This is a guard developed and taught by Michael Townsend and HIS team and their talents and skills.  Is SCV CaviesDrill? No it is Michael Gaines drill for SCV..  Stop with silly comparisons between Boston and Crown. At this point they are each very much their own identity in all captions and overall aesthetic and programs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, skevinp said:

I think they were referring to staff and the recognizable aspects of their design and influence, not to mention excellence.

Thank you, I'm not sure why people like the person quoted below are being so obtuse about the comparison to Crown guard. Or being so offended by it either. They hired the staff, what did they expect?

3 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

It is NOT CrownGuard.  It is Boston’s Guard.  These kids have/had little if anything at all to do with Crown.  These are talented kids from a variety of places in DCI and WGI.  This is a guard developed and taught by Michael Townsend and HIS team and their talents and skills.  Is SCV CaviesDrill? No it is Michael Gaines drill for SCV..  Stop with silly comparisons between Boston and Crown. At this point they are each very much their own identity in all captions and overall aesthetic and programs.

The reason is, Cappy, that for years kids and staff went from Boston to other corps and that was considered that "natural flow of talent".  Now, the winds have changed direction, and some people just can't get over it.  Jay Murphy went directly from Boston to BD in the 80s (where he has been incredibly successful all these years), yet nobody ever accused BD of having "Boston Staff".. There are in fact literally dozens of people over the years who taught BAC and went on to other corps.  In fact, google your favorite corps staff bios.  You might be surprised.

LabMaster is correct.  It is Boston Crusaders' guard, hornline, drumline, and staff. Period. Get over it.

One final thing that has had me chuckling this morning.  Some of our friends here on DCP are talking Crown/Bloo etc....  Which one might win...and so on.  That's fine, but nobody is ready to even acknowledge that Boston was only 7 tenths behind Crown last night.  That's ONE tenth per judge in a 7 man panel.....lol!

BAC is right where it thrives.  Just keep on whistling past the graveyard, folks.

Not sure I'd want a hungry, incredibly motivated, self-described underdog in my rear view mirror.  But that's just me.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, craiga said:

The reason is, Cappy, that for years kids and staff went from Boston to other corps and that was considered that "natural flow of talent".  Now, the winds have changed direction, and some people just can't get over it.  Jay Murphy went directly from Boston to BD in the 80s (where he has been incredibly successful all these years), yet nobody ever accused BD of having "Boston Staff".. There are in fact literally dozens of people over the years who taught BAC and went on to other corps.  In fact, google your favorite corps staff bios.  You might be surprised.

LabMaster is correct.  It is Boston Crusaders' guard, hornline, drumline, and staff. Period. Get over it.

One final thing that has had me chuckling this morning.  Some of our friends here on DCP are talking Crown/Bloo etc....  Which one might win...and so on.  That's fine, but nobody is ready to even acknowledge that Boston was only 7 tenths behind Crown last night.  That's ONE tenth per judge in a 7 man panel.....lol!

BAC is right where it thrives.  Just keep on whistling past the graveyard, folks.

Not sure I'd want a hungry, incredibly motivated, self-described underdog in my rear view mirror.  But that's just me.

Excellent.

Great show and start of the season.Excellent work and score all 'round. Fantastic BACCG!

7 minutes ago, craiga said:

shutterstock_105222.jpg

Edited by Barneveld
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Thank you, I'm not sure why people like the person quoted below are being so obtuse about the comparison to Crown guard. Or being so offended by it either. They hired the staff, what did they expect?

It’s not Crown guard.  What is so hard for you to understand?  Michael Townsend created what you call CrownGuard.  Like you have some rights to what he creates.  Crown has their own guard. Work with that.  And why do you continue to come to the Boston thread to convince everyone how good Crown is and take jabs at  Boston.I don’t get that.  It is baffling. Are you worried about something?

2 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Suggest less of the one shot voices. More character development between David and Goliath. Goliath voice over of “come closer so I can see you” before David slays the giant. David needs a slingshot and Goliath should fall to the ground not the wall and the ground should rumble. Just saying! 

I love the ground quaking idea. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

It’s not Crown guard.  What is so hard for you to understand?  Michael Townsend created what you call CrownGuard.  Like you have some rights to what he creates.  Crown has their own guard. Work with that.  And why do you continue to come to the Boston thread to convince everyone how good Crown is and take jabs at  Boston.I don’t get that.  It is baffling. Are you worried about something?

If it looks like a crown guard, tosses like a crown guard, builds a book like a crown guard, then...

Just call a spade a spade. Boston has adapted/taken over Crown's guard identity and is doing better than Crown at it. 

Lol if you think I'm a crown fan you must be new to DCP